Yellowing on Desert Rose

Eye_Bonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hi, my Desert Rose has been getting really yellow and dry lately. I have done nothing out of the ordinary with it, it just started about a month ago.

Attachments

• 20210320_195214.jpg
    20210320_195214.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210320_195231.jpg
    20210320_195231.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I don’t have an answer on that, mine are just coming out of dormancy. They stay outside. Is yours an indoor tree?

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Give your trunk and branches a gentle squeeze. If they give, are soft and mushy, you have an internal rot. If they are firm, you might be okay.

To me this looks like it was kept too wet while at the same time being kept too cool. Wet & cool will trigger rots of various types.

As soon as danger of frost is past I would get this outside in full sun. The UV in the sun has a anti-microbial effect. Good air movement helps prevent issues too.

Once a rot starts, it is very difficult to stop. Best is prevention. When I had one, it would get zero water from October through February, while the house was cool. I would resume watering in March. Leaves would drop sometime after I quit watering, then a new set of leaves would start after I resumed watering.

Eye_Bonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Give your trunk and branches a gentle squeeze. If they give, are soft and mushy, you have an internal rot. If they are firm, you might be okay.

To me this looks like it was kept too wet while at the same time being kept too cool. Wet & cool will trigger rots of various types.

As soon as danger of frost is past I would get this outside in full sun. The UV in the sun has a anti-microbial effect. Good air movement helps prevent issues too.

Once a rot starts, it is very difficult to stop. Best is prevention. When I had one, it would get zero water from October through February, while the house was cool. I would resume watering in March. Leaves would drop sometime after I quit watering, then a new set of leaves would start after I resumed watering.
It has a very slight squish to it.

Top Bottom