Yet another Larch

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Since we have been having a Larch fest on the blog

I figured I would follow up my wife's thread with one of my own ..... you can read the whole post here

Awhile back we purchased a Larch from WeeTree ... it arrived in Feb and was allowed to grow...
this weekend I took after it with wire, pruners and the die grinder and gave it its first styling ...

Larch_4812.jpg

It's not perfect .... and has a long way to go.... needs a new pot of course .... but I think it has potential.....

in the coming sessions the deadwood will be refined more to give it more depth and appeal ....

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Cool--if you get bored you could graft roots at the conjuncture of the two trunks for a very nice composition--- but i like it as it is too.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There is some nebari buried in there... I have hopes that there is something interesting in that area.... good idea to add some roots there... feels a tiny bit off...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have to confess... I wish I had taken a better photo of this tree... the light is harsh, and it's not conveying how sweet this tree is in real life. I am very fond of this tree, and really like what Eric has done with what is a complex piece of material. It'll be interesting to see what's under the soil next year when it gets repotted, and of course I know there's another smoking hot side to this tree if it ever loses the deadwood... but you don't know that. lol

V

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I wonder if the massive amount of deadwood is putting any number of people off.... (no worries if it is)

lets see what people think of this side...

Larch_4812b.jpg

This is another possible change... to completely give up on the idea of having deadwood and use this wider image that I love just as much...... OR decide to put it in a round pot and enjoy it from both sides :p

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hahaha.... now you let the cat out of the bag.... There will be riots for you to drop that dead trunk... lol I know I had that thought when I turned the tree and saw that side. lol

V

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
hahaha.... now you let the cat out of the bag.... There will be riots for you to drop that dead trunk... lol I know I had that thought when I turned the tree and saw that side. lol

V

riots in the streets!!!! .... I keep thinking the same thing.... prolly need to talk to Dale about a round pot... but then I would have to keep the tree :p

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You see that's the problem with wanting to sell trees... I can't conceptualize it, maybe you can, but I can't. lol

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well whatever happens, it'll be an interesting trip. I'd still like to see the other sides....

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well whatever happens, it'll be an interesting trip. I'd still like to see the other sides....

Lol thanks!!! .... any sides in particular that you would like to see ?? there are a few that still need work and will the focus of the next styling session this winter .....

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
oh, you know... all of em....:)
I know it's just the start, just wondering what the changes have brought to the image since the first styling...

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hi All,
Just my humble opinion but I get a better feeling with the second presentation. It feels more mature for some reason. Very nice tree either way! :cool:

Bob O

Top Bottom