Yin Tac

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is a Chinese yin tac stone, looks like a landscape scene to me, I have heard this type of stone is no good for display but it works for me.

I carved and finished a dai for it, one pic is where it was freshly oiled to really make the black&white colors pop. The close up shot is one month later after the oil has flattened in more.

Attachments

• late0001~1.JPG
    late0001~1.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 59
  • yintac11.jpg
    yintac11.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 42

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wes, I actually like the second picture better. Everything is more subtle and blends. A more believable landscape. The first picture in my opinion (which ain't saying much when it comes to suiseki) is too up in your face. While the colors are nice, to my eye its not as convincing.

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wes, I actually like the second picture better. Everything is more subtle and blends. A more believable landscape. The first picture in my opinion (which ain't saying much when it comes to suiseki) is too up in your face. While the colors are nice, to my eye its not as convincing.

Hi Tachigi,

The close up is on purpose, I over cropped a pic from today to add a detail shot for the thread. I to like a further distance pic, shows the silhouette better.

O yeah this is funny, not a good idea to call my stones suiseki, people get really upset over this. I think biseki might be a "safe" label but I have learned to just call them stones, saves a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
very nice stone wes so is the dai, good work

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have learned to just call them stones, saves a lot of headaches.
Hey Wes,
I'll make a mental note of that ...... lord knows the headaches I seen :)

Thanks for the tip!

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Wes,
I'll make a mental note of that ...... lord knows the headaches I seen :)

Thanks for the tip!

Thats a tip I heard from Jl Dogget awhile back, turns out he was right.:cool:

Last edited:

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is another Chinese stone, I repaired the dai with a dremel and repainted.

Attachments

• vel~1.JPG
    vel~1.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 33

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wes, this one sort of reminds me of a Rorschach test, and no I wont tell you what I see.

What type of stone is it?

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Soon you are going to need a "stone shelf" in the apartment!

D.

Hiya Dale,

Thanks again for the stone hook-up. Oddly enough my 4 footer 5 shelf model is already over crowded with stones..I might be addicted.:D

Top Bottom