Yosemite Bound?

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Bonsai Buddies,
Tomorrow I leave to spend my summer working in Yosemite National Park. If you are planning a trip to the area and want some info or maybe a tour of "secret trees" send me a PM and maybe we can get together. (Meanwhile, say a prayer for my trees while I'm away. Undying gratitude for my wife who does not share my passion for small trees but waters them faithfully nonetheless.)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Get her a very special gift when you return. Some wives look at Bonsai with jealous eyes, looking at the hobby as taking time that she believes believes is hers. You can bribe her with gifts or better still; convert her, she may give you a run for your money. In the end the argument is sometimes demonstrating the alternatives: Going to bars and chasing lose women. Just joking but just barely.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Very cool Barry! I'd love to work in a place as beautiful as Yosemite! My girlfriend and two of her female friends are starting the John Muir Trail up there on the 23'rd and hiking all the way to Mt. Whitney over 3-4 weeks. Keep an eye on em' for me!

Jason_mazzy

Chumono
Reaction score
I am supposed to be heading to Yosemite next may for a wedding. I may drop earlier if there is a collecting opportunity.

Any info on collecting out that way would be appreciated.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am supposed to be heading to Yosemite next may for a wedding. I may drop earlier if there is a collecting opportunity.

Any info on collecting out that way would be appreciated.

Collecting is not allowed in Yosemite (or any National Park). In theory you can get a permit outside the park in National Forest but every National Forest District is different and the ones around Yosemite are not too friendly toward collecting. At any rate its probably not the best time of year to be collecting anyway, so just come and enjoy the park.

Jason_mazzy

Chumono
Reaction score
That's why I was saying coming out early during collecting season jan/feb if it was possible to get a permit around the area.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
That's why I was saying coming out early during collecting season jan/feb if it was possible to get a permit around the area.

Around Yosemite collecting is not likely and Jan/Feb is less likely.

Top Bottom