Yosemite in Autumn

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures Smoke, thanks for sharing.

I am on a mission to see some of the National Parks in California in the next year and may have a chance in a month if I can swing it while I am out there for work. Can you recommend which park is a must see within a reasonable distance of LA if I can only choose one?
What is your idea of reasonable distance? The sierras, Yosemite are still quite a far drive from Los Angeles.

Random User

Reaction score
@Smoke

Wow, not for me man... this would be the one time that I would defy the laws of physics, my fat ass would surely break the speed of sound and I'd be splattered all over the rocks and trees at the bottom before you hear me start to scream when the carabiner pulled loose, or I began to sleepwalk at 3 am.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful pictures Smoke, thanks for sharing.

I am on a mission to see some of the National Parks in California in the next year and may have a chance in a month if I can swing it while I am out there for work. Can you recommend which park is a must see within a reasonable distance of LA if I can only choose one?

Yosemite would be number one of all time. There is so much to see in a small area. Park is crowded. There is no gas in the park. Eating is very limited and parking is non existant. Fee to the park is $50.00 per car. Still worth it though.

Second though not a National Park would be San Francisco. China Town alone is a day trip. There is alot to see there.

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks so much for sharing these pictures Smoke.
It made my morning so much brighter.

base797

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My name on this site (and others) refers to my BASE jumping number. I was the 797th person to get all four objects (Building, Antenna, Span/bridge and Earth/cliff). Also being an avid rock climber and sponsored athlete at the time, El Capitan and I met back in 2007. And, I mean met. What should be one of the safest jumps on the planet, turned out to be one of my most precarious. Too many details to get into here, but basically had multiple issues, "hard pull", low opening, severe line twists, wall strike (with partial canopy), and tree landing. That all happened at sunrise and then I was drunk by 10am, took a nap, got up at noon and started hiking towards Half Dome. Sunset same day was wingsuit jump off of the diving board on Half Dome. Perhaps my favorite jump ever as I was so relaxed because it couldn't go any worse than the morning jump or I wouldn't be around to think about it.

Patrik

Random User

Reaction score
I have parachuted, but the only thing that would get me to jump off of a tower would be a sub machine gun slowly picking off the beacon lights up, up, up toward the top! :p

Top Bottom