Yosemite Waterfall Kakejiku

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How much input do you have with the artist or do you just mount the work as it comes to you?

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
I asked him specifically to not put any details in the painting. I do not have a problem with the trees in the distance, but the tree closeup basically cancels it out for a bonsai display, because the image is redundant and would compete with the main tree. He said he would remember that for the future.

But I have done about 10 scrolls with two artists. One from Germany and the other Poland...I have also framed works for artists in New York, Pacific Northwest and New Mexico. Earlier this year I did about 20 scrolls for an Artist in Minnesota who had a solo exhibition, and she let me do most of the design and selection of cloths/designs/Jikusaki/Kakehimo etc.

There is another painting similar to this one, but different angle, and no trees, but it already sold so I do not feel comfortable showing that scroll as the person may have plans to use it for a display.

What I try to do before making the scroll is coordinate with the bonsai artist about the image they want, the tree and tree's styling, Jiita/Shoku to be used and any Soe/accents they plan to try and design a scroll with an image and size that will work with complementary design and cloth colors.

You can read more at the link as to why I selected the specific cloth for this particular painting. I selected Yosemite scenes specifically for GSBF Convention.
Not sure if I answered your question or if there was other information you were requesting?

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Another pic as Seki Kazari...it should have a 下敷Shitajiki laid down on the surface, but my wife was at work and I did not know where she kept her larger felt piece.
Yosemite Display 1.jpg

Top Bottom