You be the judge. Blue Pfitzer Juniper

Which line would you choose?

• Total voters

Drewski

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It’s so easy to forget, especially for a newb like me, how much better trees look in 3D. Looking at the pictures I was nonplussed with this tree. After seeing the video, I quite like it. 😊👍

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It’s so easy to forget, especially for a newb like me, how much better trees look in 3D. Looking at the pictures I was nonplussed with this tree. After seeing the video, I quite like it. 😊👍
Thanks. Yeah I’ve had this issue for years. Im never quite satisfied with photographing my trees. When i started taking little 360 videos it really helps show the entire structure. A better camera will def help with the depth issues experiemced as well. This tree also needs several more years to come in to its own.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Always love the snow-covered bonsai shots. Nice, Danny.
Thanks Bri. Yeah I actually had intentions of setting up my backdrop for a better shot, but with the wind also blowing 20 mph plus it was dam right cold and I said screw it, this’ll do. Lol.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Took some bold moves on this tree. I repotted this tree as it began to move in late March and just let growth extend. I also removed all of the raffia and old wire. Figured I’d wait till later in the year to potentially style, but it was really pushing growth so I gave it a big styling. I Removed several branches including that awkward second trunk. The bottom right branch that felt to heavy for the trunk size. I also added a second Shari around the trunk. I’ll really need to let it rest till next year after the work I did. Give it another 10 years and I think the branches and live vein will really thicken up enough to be something.
91605040-2FF7-4763-97D5-DA1BB797EC7A.jpeg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let the foliage just grow. It droops and droops. This may be a candidate for grafting at some point. I also think the foliage sagged heavily because of the amount of juvenile that grew in. So with more vigor and health it could potentially be just fine.
E5AA11E0-5B77-424A-804B-E272B99EB657.jpeg

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
View attachment 490382
There may be hope for this foliage just yet. With time it could work.
looks awesome! What do you plan on grafting it with if you go with that choice?(im guessing kishu or shimp scions?)

Maybe hardcore full sun for another season and limiting to only light silhouette pruning can coax it into full scale though

Another awesome design, keep it going!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
looks awesome! What do you plan on grafting it with if you go with that choice?(im guessing kishu or shimp scions?)

Maybe hardcore full sun for another season and light silhouette pruning only can coax it into full scale though
Not entirely certain if I will and if I do, it’ll undoubtedly be whatever variety of shimp I have in my garden. I’m actually going to sell off alot of trees in preparation for all of the collecting I’ve been doing. This one may be on the block.

Baku1875

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Not entirely certain if I will and if I do, it’ll undoubtedly be whatever variety of shimp I have in my garden. I’m actually going to sell off alot of trees in preparation for all of the collecting I’ve been doing. This one may be on the block.
regardless, it's good to see how prolific and how you consistently style your junipers to a high standard. I'm looking forward to your updates with the collected trees.

Top Bottom