"You have been warned"

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I started here in 2006. Twelve years ago. In that time I have seen a lot of people come and go. I have seen many really good people come and go and I have seen some idiots come and go.

In that twelve years I still have not reached 10,000 posts. There are some here that have managed to do it in five years. Of course this tells me that they love to read their own posts...over and over. For the most part over the last five years I have had a lot of people on ignore, this has done two things for me...

1. I don't feel the need to argue with people I disagree with.
2. The forum benefits from not having threads ruined with silly arguing over why organic fertilizer is superior to salt based fertilizer. Who cares, just put some on your trees and watch them benefit.

It dawned on me that I only need 288 posts to reach this coveted milestone.
It also occurs to me that I could reach that milestone much sooner if I had fodder to post about. You know, offer a counterpoint to all the useless info here.....

...So....in that spirit I am temporarily lifting my ban on all those I have on ignore. I will now daily read and correct....er....I mean banter with my fellow man or woman as the case may be.

I have held back for five years so the unleashing may seem harsh at first...especially to the many that have come here in the last five years and never really got to know the outspoken Al. I only ask one thing in return for my brutal honesty. If you get called out and you wish to argue, I hope you have the trees and experience to back up your claims otherwise you will seem rather foolish. I understand about those that wish to "wag the dog" and am able to pick them out in a NY minute.

let the fun begin....

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I started here in 2006. Twelve years ago.

Can you believe we've been knocking around this place for 12 years? I feel fortunate that you are one of the characters here I have had the honor of meeting in real life! Keep on being Al!

WesternGrower

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Why Fresno?
I have to ask that of anyone I ever meet who is from there as well.

Jokes aside, I had no idea there was someone so well versed in bonsai in Fresno (Santa Cruz is my college location, Im from the mountains outside of Fresno).

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can you believe we've been knocking around this place for 12 years? I feel fortunate that you are one of the characters here I have had the honor of meeting in real life! Keep on being Al!
Can you believe I had ten years before that on bonsai forums. My computer monitor had a giant tube that stuck out in the back, typed in DOS, had 5 inch floppy drive and only showed in color if the antenna was pointed the right direction and my foil hat was on straight....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why Fresno?
I have to ask that of anyone I ever meet who is from there as well.

Jokes aside, I had no idea there was someone so well versed in bonsai in Fresno (Santa Cruz is my college location, Im from the mountains outside of Fresno).
Well first off it is a very Conservative City in a very Liberal state. That is important to me. For me if your not conservative...your just breathing my air...

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do manage to get into the City of Santa Cruz now and again, and even teach workshops with the club there. I'm sure you appreciated my Santa Cruz shorts earlier.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If all we are going to see is you sporting thongs, daisy dukes, and red lifeguard short shorts I am going to put you on ignore!
PS: there aint nothing conservative about those outfits.

WesternGrower

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Ill give you that, going to SC for school was certainly a culture shock when it came to politics (Im not even slightly political either). I guess living in the mountains my whole life made that even worse.
I also take some personal offence to the Santa Cruz shorts haha.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ill give you that, going to SC for school was certainly a culture shock when it came to politics (Im not even slightly political either). I guess living in the mountains my whole life made that even worse.
I also take some personal offence to the Santa Cruz shorts haha.
Well for five years I put people on ignore....for now you'll have to do that.

WesternGrower

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Ive already perfected it. The second politics get brought up in lecture (mind you, I study dirt and trees) I put my pen down, kick back, and relax because I know nothing important is going to happen the rest of the lecture.

Top Bottom