You Know Your A Bonsai Nut If...

J P

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
You find the best front, set the structure, and prune your Christmas tree while your family is waiting to decorate...

Even worse if the tree is artificial...

Just thought I would see if anyone wants to play along.

Hope everyone has a joyous holiday season.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
...if your wife gets angry every Xmas because she doesn't "like buying you big bags of dirt for Christmas"....
She means lava and pumice....
My husband said he won't buy me dirt for Christmas either. I can buy it...that isn't gift material. (Bonsai substrate) ? oh I bet they could get together and tell stories.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As of late...along the side of my house is a stretch of flowerbeds. The final end tree in that bed is an American wisteria. The canopy slants to the outside. Where in bonsai it should point toward the beds not away from it. It's slightly bothersome...in my mind. But it is taking on a nice triangle shape canopy with pruning.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My wife and I don’t really have space for a Christmas tree in our tiny dormitory, but I have trees in pots, so I decorate those instead. So our “Christmas tree” can only be viewed at night when I bring it inside to stand on the desk for us to enjoy. Part of the bedtime routine is to take the chosen tree outside again because there’s no tone to do that during the morning rush

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
- if you see a 30 ft tree and wish you had a shrink ray to make it fit in that shohin display.

-if the people around you are suddenly drawn to the hobby because they see your passion.
They may not know about bonsai at all but they have a favorite tree in your collection.
They don’t grow small trees at all, and never heard of bnut but they have added several of your fb friends because they hear you talk so much about the hobby they already feel like they know those people too. They go buy a book on bonsai and soon they are starting cuttings of their own.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a completely useless college degree in English, so yeah, that bothers me too.
Was it by chance my post? If so please use that college degree to educate me and put it to use. I don’t want to annoy anybody. I’m just a dumb miner that likes to grow trees and would love to post in correct english.
@Brian Van Fleet

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So I guess your the grammar police now....
I think it’s how you say it.
Solid look in the eye -look away
Draw fixed gaze into the distance then, “your welcome”

head nod, proceed

like koan to the stone

Last edited:
Top Bottom