You know you've arrived at "crazy".......

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yes, you know you've arrived at "crazy" when you're on your hands and knees in the bonsai planting bed looking for TINY buds with a jeweler's loupe. :D

Yep, looking at all the stuff I collected in the last few weeks to see if they were going to make it. We still have a little warming to do , but about 90% of my collections are showing signs of buds. Spring is a GRAND time!

Joe

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just had a bad plumbing leak in my house this week. First ever property insurance claim in 21 years. The adjuster came over and was looking at all the water damage, and I took her into the back yard to show her the exterior damage and her first comment: "Wow! Nice bonsai trees!"

She is the first person in 21 years I've had in my back yard that actually knew what a bonsai tree was :) (except of course my bonsai study group)

And the crazy thing is... we both stopped everything we were doing to talk bonsai :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just had a bad plumbing leak in my house this week. First ever property insurance claim in 21 years. The adjuster came over and was looking at all the water damage, and I took her into the back yard to show her the exterior damage and her first comment: "Wow! Nice bonsai trees!"

She is the first person in 21 years I've had in my back yard that actually knew what a bonsai tree was :) (except of course my bonsai study group)

And the crazy thing is... we both stopped everything we were doing to talk bonsai :)
Guessing it didn't hurt your claim in the least....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was thinking this morning about why we are all the same...

Bonsai, Fishing, Fishtanks, Tree Hunting, Pot Shopping.....

It's about Discovery!

I can Not wait for Spring!

Sorce
I see you've graduated from "Pokemon Go Master" to "Nonsense Rascal" LMFAO..:D:rolleyes::oops:

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
The other day, I looked into my yard and exclaimed, "Gosh! So many! How did I end up with so many trees!" I ended up creating group plantings, added to group plantings, approach grafting, and deciding to sell some things.

Random User

Reaction score
Yes, you know you've arrived at "crazy" when you're on your hands and knees in the bonsai planting bed looking for TINY buds with a jeweler's loupe. :D

Yep, looking at all the stuff I collected in the last few weeks to see if they were going to make it. We still have a little warming to do , but about 90% of my collections are showing signs of buds. Spring is a GRAND time!

Joe

The only thing growing here are copious amounts of snot-cicles... -41 C... -45c with the wind chill... can't be more than a 3-4 kmh wind; imagine if it was gusting at 50 kms

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The only thing growing here are copious amounts of snot-cicles... -41 C... -45c with the wind chill... can't be more than a 3-4 kmh wind; imagine if it was gusting at 50 kms

So what you're saying is spring is around the corner!

Currently we're caked in ice thanks to 20mm of freezing rain.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A

Joe

Yep, like someone else said:Nandina Bamboo

Top Bottom