You might find this interesting

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its a very interesting look, yet it looks so artificial, so very contrived. I think it makes a beautiful oddity though. I place it up there with the Braided Ficus caressing a golf ball, the Bougainvillea attached to a heart shaped trellis, and of course the Chia pet!

ed

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I did find it interesting. Thanks for sharing. Our Mum show is this weekend and i'm looking forward to going. Love the spiders and the smallest bloomers. They're so much work. Each year as we made starts, and then, kept upping the pot sizes, I'd ask myself why so much work. Then they bloom in the fall and you answer your own questions.

This time of year in japan, when I would go back to the mountains of Niigata, I'd find beautiful displays along the way at various train stations.

Mums are really big in the UK as well :)

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am all to familiar with Longwood.I am there once a week.I find I gravitate to the conservatory in late winter after they take down the holiday stuff.It is like a very early spring surprise.I rarely go into the conservatory in the holiday months and the heat of summer.I go to the meadow then.Unfortunately they are working on the meadow until summer 2014.I believe they are adding like 40 or so acres to it and planting it.Can't wait!.

macdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am impressed by the amount of effort required to do this. I don't know that I find it particularly attractive. If I saw this in person, I think I would definitely spend some time looking at it and studying it.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here is an amazing photo I took with a phone in the pierces woods at Longwood this Spring.I was so digging it.It is an amazing bit of Forrest.I don't think there is barely any invasives growing anywhere through it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Top Bottom