Your BonsaiNut 3.0 Site Suggestions here?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A suggestion I might have that isn't for the site itself (I think ) would be an app I could tap which would go straight to the site instead of opening a browser and going from there.

Open up the site on your phone and (at least on Android) you will have a drop down menu in the upper right corner. One of the options will be "add to Home Screen". It will create a BonsaiNut Icon on your home screen that will act like an App :)

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Open up the site on your phone and (at least on Android) you will have a drop down menu in the upper right corner. One of the options will be "add to Home Screen". It will create a BonsaiNut Icon on your home screen that will act like an App :)
Done. Thanks!

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've noticed that when you click a picture in "Slideshow mode" (not sure what it's actually called), it only will show the pictures that were added in that mode. I like the ability to slideshow *all* the pictures independent of how they were attached. Does that make sense? I can try to be more descriptive if it helps.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
There used to be an option to not get email updates to threads your watching. I can't seem to find that on my mobile and the default is to sign up for emails every timed I reply. I would like that to not be the default, or make it easier to find where to not get an email every time someone posts in a thread I'm watching.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
There used to be an option to not get email updates to threads your watching. I can't seem to find that on my mobile and the default is to sign up for emails every timed I reply. I would like that to not be the default, or make it easier to find where to not get an email every time someone posts in a thread I'm watching.

At the top of the thread there is a button that you can click called "Watch" or "Unwatch". If you are watching a thread you will get emails when it is updated. If you don't want emails any more, simply hit "unwatch". You can click it on and off again whenever you want.

I honestly thought it was set to "unwatch" status by default (?)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My browser must not support them.

Can you browse to the site on your phone or a tablet? You saw the little "middle finger" emoji, so if you saw that, you should be able to see all of them.

And it isn't a browser thing - it is Windows, and I think Windows supports it for Windows 7 and later...

Reactions: Vin

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Is there a way to pause the photo gallery on the main page , I know you could just hit the arrow in the next screen , but you asked !??‍♂️

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Is there a way to pause the photo gallery on the main page , I know you could just hit the arrow in the next screen , but you asked !??‍♂️

I turned them off for now until I figure out how to compress the images - it was an awful lot of content to have to download for the front page of the site.

Top Bottom