Your BonsaiNut 3.0 Site Suggestions here?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yes, sometimes. Weird. Then it goes back to the correct image.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Maybe it's showing what your tree could be?

Yoppyx

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I don't too much mind the Adidas like three stripes.
Once the forums tab is open, it stays open and another thumb click right there does it for new posts.

View attachment 175027

I still think a visitor map, to locate our closest climate relatives, is the most Bonsai useful features we could have.

They say follow people who's trees you like...
That has been killing my trees for six years!

Better to follow people close to you with LIVE UGLY trees and be smart enough to make em pretty!
Than to follow people with nice trees whose methods don't work for your climate!

Sorce
This would be great

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I didn't read all this thread so it may have already been mentioned.
How about a glossary of terms and abbreviations in the Bonsai world?

I'm new to Bonsai and am constantly seeing terms and abbreviations that I don't recognize.

It would be nice to have something to go to.

There is a chance that I missed it, if so please point it out.

Thanks

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Eliminate profanity, booze references/container pictures!

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that they'd like alerts when someone posts to a thread they created?

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I think it would be good if the resource section was easier to find at the top of the forum list, and possibly renamed faq.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hey, so I just started using blacked out screens and it is way easier on the eyes. But somehow this site is not blacked out friendly. Anyone has any idea?

I 'm using a Google Chrome extension called Super Dark Mode
blackOut.jpg

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey, so I just started using blacked out screens and it is way easier on the eyes. But somehow this site is not blacked out friendly. Anyone has any idea?

I 'm using a Google Chrome extension called Super Dark Mode
View attachment 274048
Looks like it’s somehow catching the white colored smoky fade out on the image in top left, in other words, that whole rectangle is the true photo that was wrangled and blackout is not reading it probably because it’s really a photo. Do other user photos in threads look as originally posted?

On a similar note. I see why a tool like blackout is valuable. But, to the credit of the design of the site, the soft muted green here has for some time been what allows me to not fill my child’s room with bright light when I think she has fallen asleep but am not ready to chance it, or any other similar situation where say the beaming glow of a google search are just not happening.
Thanks

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hmm.. From a side by side comparison, looks like it inverted the whole site. Top banner is blacked out but navigation buttons and a little under that is transparent.

Luckily the icon to toggle between both are on top right of the screen (green arrow). Very convenient for changing from regular to blacked out with just one click of the button. I'm liking this!
reg.jpg blk.jpg

Top Bottom