Your Favorite Reel, Garden Hose & Sprayer Gun or Wand? Eley any good or a scam/hype?

エドガー

Shohin
Reaction score
Finally used it this morning. Wow, wasn’t expecting it to cut time this drastically.

This wand is easily the best garden tool I ever bought. Cut time more than half... full big volume while being gentle enough to not blow soil out.

Used to take 10-30 secs to fill per pot (dep on size). Takes long because I need to keep older brass nozzle on low, as full volume is just a strong jet stream.

Now, it takes 1-10 secs per pot (various sizes, 1gal-20gal, all nursery pots)

Crazy time saver!!

I watered All my backyard pots in maybe 10-15mins.
It used to take at least 1 hr.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hose reel?
My hose is out on the ground.
Hose?
Who knows?
It's a couple of 2 different regular garden houses coupled together.
Some duct tape in a spot.
Wand or nozzle?
Dollar store special.
I fertilize with a 2 gallon plastic watering can from a yard sale.
My trees don't care what the hardware is as long as the moistness comes.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Maybe its just the pressure at my house, but I have tried multiple Dramm heads and they just dont spray that “far” if that makes sense.

エドガー

Shohin
Reaction score
Yeah, mine doesn’t spray “far” neither. Actually, I need to have the valve on the wand at least 2/3 to fully-open or it’ll just dribble. But, I love it because I can water my pots with full huge water volume without some crazy stream nor disturbing soil.

BonsaiDTLA

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have two Eley wall-mounted hose reels, and have had them for ten years or so. They do not leak... not a single drop. I leave my hose turned on sometimes for days at a time, and it might leak a few drops at the nozzle, but the hose reel itself does not leak AT ALL. Yeah, they are expensive, but this is definitely a case of getting what you paid for. They are also robust so you can crank in a hose that is lying tangled up in your back yard.

I had gotten tired of plastic leaking reels that you have to throw out every couple of years... and I can say that I will never buy a different hose reel brand than Eley going forward.

After some research, and based on this comment, I just ordered one of these seconds ago.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
After some research, and based on this comment, I just ordered one of these seconds ago.

You won't be disappointed. Hard core hose reel... but no frills and no hype. Does what it is intended to do.

I am not kidding when I say that after my experience with this hose reel I truly thought about creating a web site called "products that don't suck" or something similar. I am so tired of simple products that don't last.

BonsaiDTLA

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You won't be disappointed. Hard core hose reel... but no frills and no hype. Does what it is intended to do.

I am not kidding when I say that after my experience with this hose reel I truly thought about creating a web site called "products that don't suck" or something similar. I am so tired of simple products that don't last.

I am a BIG BIG fan of "buy[ing] it for life"

Also, sometimes I visit here to read before a larger purchase

John P.

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I have an Eley that I’m not going to use (again). It’s seen some weather and neglect, but if you want it it’s free. I’m in Orange County, CA.

エドガー

Shohin
Reaction score

I never bought the reels (I just coil them on the ground)... but I got 2 hoses. Best hoses I've ever used/owned. They are uniquely super stiff and springy; but I think that's what makes them kink resistant (as they just bounce back straight).

Forgot when I got them... but they are still working excellent, leak free, etc. I am using their quick releases too (so I can quickly switch from Dramm wand to a generic brass sprayer head).

Top Bottom