Your seed vendors

LemonBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hello everybody. Ive been having trouble finding good websites for seeds. The one I have bought from didnt really sprout (a few did but I was to new to keep them alive and they were expensive) another website never sent anything so I had to open a dispute and everything.. annoying lol. Anyways just wondering where everybody buys their seeds from?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sheffield and Schumakers are both excellent. There are others. eBay is usually a bust but not always. Amazon, never, it is absurd.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I have had terrible results from Ebay purchased seed. Horrible stuff. Usually old seed that is no longer viable, or it is mis-labeled seed. What sprouts is not at all what it was labelled at.

There are 3 companies I have had excellent results with. These are the only 3 I'll recommend to others. They are USA based, they may or may not be able to export to other countries. Sheffield's and Schumaker are great for temperate, winter hardy species. Their assortment of tropicals is limited. Tradewinds is excellent for exotic fruit seed. Tradewinds is a bit on the expensive side, but nearly everything I bought from them does germinate. So they do take the care to sell fresh seed. And they have some rare and exotic species.

Top Bottom