Youtube Curiosity -

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks I appreciate that. I need to keep remembering to record when I do stuff.
Dude yes! Do as much as you can. And just have fun while you're doing it without worrying what people think. The right people will be attracted to what you're doing, the passion is already there.

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
There are parts of Australia where this would be the only way to keep a JBP alive.
Simply fighting extreme with the other extreme.

Speaking of Australia...

This guy.

Sorce
Is this the Aussie Bloke??? I've enjoyed several videos of his already.

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I find that I learn from everyone, beginner to advanced and from all countries. You see, we are all pushing the earth down.

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've made a few videos on what I'm working with. check me out if you're bored. just noob stuff.

Nice work Darth! I just subscribed . Keep it up! How does that old saying go? "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is today!"

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Bill Butler has a youtube channel "billsbayou" but if you aren't into bald cypress than it's not for you

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dude yes! Do as much as you can. And just have fun while you're doing it without worrying what people think. The right people will be attracted to what you're doing, the passion is already there.
Thanks for the encouragement. I want to see your videos too

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I've made a few videos on what I'm working with. check me out if you're bored. just noob stuff.

Just a personal observation and not wishing to offend you or anything, but you need to start working with larger and older material. With the stuff you have you will be older than me before you get something going and I'm 73. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with working with younger material but there is nothing wrong with working with older and larger either.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There are parts of Australia where this would be the only way to keep a JBP alive.
Simply fighting extreme with the other extreme.

Speaking of Australia...

This guy.

Sorce
Hehe but the advice was given for someone living in Melbourne......mild weather.
I am trying to figure out where that dude in the vid lives.........

Sansui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just a personal observation and not wishing to offend you or anything, but you need to start working with larger and older material. With the stuff you have you will be older than me before you get something going and I'm 73. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with working with younger material but there is nothing wrong with working with older and larger either.
I hope you both live to be 100+ years old. It's the common passion and dedication that I admire most by the bonsai YouTube video creators.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I don’t know if he’s here, but the YT channel, Appalachian Bonsai, had a huge impact/influence on my beginnings in bonsai and beyond..

Not sure if the majority of my trees would be wild collected...or if the bug would have bitten so deep had I not started in tandem with being inspired by his videos...being originally from KY and very familiar with Appalachia probably didn’t hurt either, but seriously I believe this too helped pull back the curtain of mystique (bn too) and odd stereotype that bonsai went hand in hand with something like dressage horses or such..a sole practice of ultra wealth

Thanks much to all that do post videos, I subscribe to every one I find (unless they are trash;):D), as well those that I cannot understand the languages...
@Vance Wood, wish you posted more

Top Bottom