Youtube Curiosity -

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hey All,

Through many many many hours watching YouTube and studying, I've began to wonder if any of our members here are any of the YouTube personalities and/or teachers?

Do any of our members have YouTube pages? Any Peter Chans out there? 🤣😂

Also, to make this more worthwhile than a simple curiosity, if you have a YouTube Channel that you find particularly informative and helpful FOR BONSAI, please list a link to it.

Thanks!

RK

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
This guy Walter Pall seem like he knows a little bit about bonsai making, and his trees are a little better than average I think 🤪. He's a member here. Look him up on You Tube!

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Central California? Wally and Vance won't be much help....try @ColinFraser at California Bonsai studios.....
Yup right in the armpit!!! 😵🥴

It's OK. Although some of our regions may vary, I can still learn certain principals from them that will apply to many types of trees. I'd also like to follow and support member's channels!

Thanks for the reply!

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Me! Although I just started

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Most of the differences between portions of the country are chiefly in the varying climate regions involved. Basic techniques changes little except as to when you can apply those techniques.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Most of the differences between portions of the country are chiefly in the varying climate regions involved. Basic techniques changes little except as to when you can apply those techniques.
Amen to that. I am on ausbonsai.com.au too and there are some folk there giving crazy advice like 'after repotting your JBP you should keep it in your house for 3 weeks and make sure it doesn't get sunlight.'
Pretty sure that would kill any species of pine but hey it was told to them by an 'expert'.....what do I know as a bonsai Apprentice in Korea......
Also the whole dunk your tree in a bucket every time you give it water is really getting annoying.

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Bonsai Mirai's free videos and Bjorn Bjornholm's Bonsai Art of Japan are good. Also Graham Potter videos. I am luke warm on Peter Chan because I am.just not seeing a great end product. Maybe some of his videos are just initial restylings but they seem very coarse.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Bonsai Mirai's free videos and Bjorn Bjornholm's Bonsai Art of Japan are good. Also Graham Potter videos. I am luke warm on Peter Chan because I am.just not seeing a great end product. Maybe some of his videos are just initial restylings but they seem very coarse.
Maybe you don't like the way he says Pwat.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
after repotting your JBP you should keep it in your house for 3 weeks and make sure it doesn't get sunlight.'

There are parts of Australia where this would be the only way to keep a JBP alive.
Simply fighting extreme with the other extreme.

Speaking of Australia...

This guy.

Sorce

Top Bottom