• Don't get it

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • What will your wife say?

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
maybe on ones that dont have roots all the way around, can try pressing together weak areas. just a thought anyway. those three look like they could work though yeh

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
combined with nice trunk movement, small leaves, ultra dense twigging this is gonna be good.
Thx., I hope so too. It will need a LOT of work on the trunks though. Decades of pruning wihtout cleaning up the wounds has resulted in ugly bulges and clumps of recuts. But.. Till mid-summer this can regrow some roots. THen the knife and dremel will come out to clean up some old ugly spots. Hope to get all the trunks to smoothly heal. (I know, not your preferred vision)

1620981958192.png

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thx., I hope so too. It will need a LOT of work on the trunks though. Decades of pruning wihtout cleaning up the wounds has resulted in ugly bulges and clumps of recuts. But.. Till mid-summer this can regrow some roots. THen the knife and dremel will come out to clean up some old ugly spots. Hope to get all the trunks to smoothly heal. (I know, not your preferred vision)

View attachment 374500
sounds good. i didnt notice the imperfections until you mentioned😁
yes for this type of image i can see how clean, healed trunks are desirable.

it will become so dense in a few years, nobody would notice. except the owner. peace of mind i guess.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
except the owner
buuuutt.. As I am the one looking at it most often, that does matter

peace of mind i guess
Yeah, and it does not have to become perfect. But.. It just has too many of these points. And I do not want to look at the forest in 2030, all dense and twiggy and realize.. The bonsai trophy is not an option because of ugly swellings & poorly treated chops. Once I have invested half a decade I really do not want to make drastic cuts anymore. In the first 2 years I am less bothered, normally :)

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One of the plants is still contemplating life and sitting
I decided to put a plastic bag over the one sulking without leaves, which every day I soaked with the hose. A few days ago I noticed something. Lifted the bag when it was nice and wet out..

The last one has started to grow.
1625982368576.png

Top Bottom