Ziricote Shohin stand

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You do fantastic work! Are you going to the Mammoth Bazaar in Oakland next month? If not, see you at REBS in August.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
the idea is every item in a tokonome is subservient to the
tree.
I agree that the tree is paramount, but you can't make that assertion when the tree has not been chosen. This thread is about the stand so try living in the present. It is a remarkable art of work and there are not a lot of people who could design and execute it.

artofthedaiza

Shohin
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada Mountains 2 hours east of Sacramento
I agree that the tree is paramount, but you can't make that assertion when the tree has not been chosen. This thread is about the stand so try living in the present. It is a remarkable art of work and there are not a lot of people who could design and execute it.
Thank you!
I have found these to sell very fast!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@artofthedaiza ,

actually we use that type of wood with boxes to hold
jade or hand made teapots and teacups.
Also pochade boxes.

Sometimes we embellish with hand stamped brass corners
and locks.
Yes, they sell easily.

We get that effect on ficus wood.
It's all a hobby, but folk beg for items and so when making
beeboxes, we also have some fun.
Good Day
Anthony

*Sifu [ @Adair M ]
Balance and harmony,are timeless, thanks for the chuckle.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Excellent work.

But to me, the "Ziricotre wood" is the best element.

Maybe it's the photo, but I feel the contorted, dark legs don't really render justice (ne rend pas justice, as we say in French) to the beautiful piece of wood.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe it's the photo, but I feel the contorted, dark legs don't really render justice (ne rend pas justice, as we say in French) to the beautiful piece of wood.
I could not disagree more with this statement. I feel the feminine legs and risers beautifully frame the ziricote top. They carry the eyes upward and build up into a climax when I see the wood grain on top.

Top Bottom