Zuisho cuttings/air layers for sale?

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows of anywhere you can purchase Zuisho small non specimen plants for sale? Thanks!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I do. But they’re specimens!

That reminds me, I have a big one over at Plant City I need to do some work on! I’ll be there July 6 teaching a class. I’ll bring it home then.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
Is it really big? If so I saw it last week and it was very impressive. Always heard they were difficult in Georgia. The monastery has monster one though.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Is it really big? If so I saw it last week and it was very impressive. Always heard they were difficult in Georgia. The monastery has monster one though.
A little over 2 feet, I suppose. It has stainless steel guy wires.

Any farther south than the Northern Atlanta suburbs, I wouldn’t recommend one, but, say, Sandy Springs and points north, you should be ok.

I really think the key is having the right soil. Until I started using Boon Mix, I couldn’t grow JWP consistently. Mixes based on pine bark keep the soil too wet.

Last edited:

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
There's a bit about soil (and micronutrients) in a series of articles Julian Adams wrote for International Bonsai. The series was spread over 4 editions/1 year of magazines. I have them somewhere, but I don't remember the year.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
A little over 2 feet, I suppose. It has stainless steel guy wires.

Any farther south than the Northern Atlanta suburbs, I wouldn’t recommend one, but, say, Sandy Springs and points north, you should be ok.

I really think the key is having the right soil. Until I started using Boon Mix, I couldn’t grow JWP consistently. Mixes based on pine bark keep the soil too wet.

Nice find. Pretty sure that would be it. It was in back of the garden over by the greenhouse of starter stock. I would have signed up for the class but I am out next week.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice find. Pretty sure that would be it. It was in back of the garden over by the greenhouse of starter stock. I would have signed up for the class but I am out next week.
No, that wouldn’t be it. Steve has it in the fenced display garden.

Top Bottom