8th U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition, Rochester, NY, USA, September 9-10, 2023

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Hmm, the dates are wrong and I don’t Meco bonsai is a thing anymore? Looks like it may be a working copy
Bill said in his email he was up until 1 am working on it and some tables might be moved around the day of so you might be right. I am wondering what is up with the random 6’ table in the middle of our area 😂

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I’ve amassed a good savings / mowing lawns and checking storm drains to support acquisitions at the show. Head on a swivel, tunnel vision focus that morning.
Hopefully you get engaged in conversation and distracted while the hare bee lines to Julian Adams table.

stewarjm192

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I will excitedly be there again this year with my Waldo Street Pottery containers. I haven’t seen a vendor map yet but I’m usually along the back wall of the vendor area. Come say hi amd/or introduce yourself. Cheers!
Are you the one who plays live dead shows?

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I’m just wondering how I’m going to get anything I buy back to california. Hmm.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
I’m just wondering how I’m going to get anything I buy back to california. Hmm.
Can you check stuff in? If you do, use a *lot* of packing material. Like you would be ok throwing the box down stairs amount of packing. The Colorado Spruce we sold was checked in on an airline! But I would hand carry anything like forest trays, or hand carry in general if you have anything fragile. Forest trays don't take kindly to shipping at all.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
There seem to be a few empty spaces if any vendors think they missed the boat, maybe vending apps are still open?

mwkohler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do vendors hold purchased items during the show or is there a common holding area? Do folks bring things out to their car after purchase?
I assume folks buy things early and carrying around trees, pots and substrate all day doesn't make for a enjoyable experience.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Do vendors hold purchased items during the show or is there a common holding area? Do folks bring things out to their car after purchase?
I assume folks buy things early and carrying around trees, pots and substrate all day doesn't make for a enjoyable experience.
I sent Bill and Diane an email asking if there will be a holding area. I thought there was one, but maybe I’m wrong. PBE didn’t have one and people had to ask favors or store things in their cars. Shows usually don’t allow you to carry things around for liability purposes. Holding purchased goods will be up to individual vendors as it is a lot to juggle between sales and communicating with table assistants and simply space.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Some of the finest bonsai in the country will be on display here as well as select vendors. This is definitely a show you don't want to pass up on for 2023.

Our very own @William N. Valavanis is the organizer of this show.

For those of you planning on attending the link to purchase tickets is now up......... www.usnationalbonsai.com/register/
Pitoon are you vending? I don't think I saw you on the map.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Pitoon are you vending? I don't think I saw you on the map.
Hey Mary,
Yes, I am. The email we got didn't have me on it, so I got in touch with Bill. He moved some tables and for some reason I got dropped off. I'm on the same row as you, but on the other side of the building.

Pitoon

2023 US NATIONAL SALES & DEMO AREAS.jpg

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hey Mary,
Yes, I am. The email we got didn't have me on it, so I got in touch with Bill. He moved some tables and for some reason I got dropped off. I'm on the same row as you, but on the other side of the building.

Pitoon

View attachment 503506
I’m surprised Brussels area is so big … on their website it’s just like seedlings going for 500 dollars

Reaction score
Do vendors accept card payment, cash only or varies?

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Do vendors accept card payment, cash only or varies?
The majority of vendors are able to take ccards these days, but a lot of the credit card companies charge at least 2% for transaction fees. It would be a kindness to vendors to bring cash, but not the end of the world to take card. :) We personally eat the cost, and I write it off on our taxes later. Just a part of doing business. Also, in some states it is illegal to pad transactions with credit card fees but they can give ‘cash discounts’.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
I’m surprised Brussels area is so big … on their website it’s just like seedlings going for 500 dollars
It seems like they have five tables, I have noticed a number of unoccupied singleton type tables (assuming the row of 8’ behind is for the auction). Also doesn’t look like Wigerts is attending?

Top Bottom