Bonsai Maples- Andrea Meriggioli

Just asked my parents for it, as a Christmas present.. Gonna come a bit cheaper, though it will be kinda weird to read about bonsai in my own languagešŸ˜„

My gf told me her dad used to read her about Dutch fairy tales as a child, so she'd get used to a second language, from early stage.
I guess the Meriggioli will have a prime spot on the shelf, when I'm the one rocking my kiddos to bed. Right next to Dumbo and other Disney stuff. Lol

Btw, if anyone wants to have an italian spellcheck before sending an e-mail, feel free to hand it my way.

Iā€™m working my way through Mr Meriggioliā€™s book, one thing thatā€™s a shame is thereā€™s no ā€œRomajiā€ in the glossary, see Akadama for instance:
image.jpg

I like how he calls lower trunk/nebari ā€œthe footā€

Is Andrea book includes on how to create pancake nebari? Im planning to purchase the book

thanks
If I'm not mistaken (I'm out of home right now) it's considered between the 'maintenance works' in chapter 9 or 10.
The other should be about propagation methods.
I'll let you know in a few hours, if none has already addressed it by thenšŸ˜‰

Yup.. 14 is specifically about improving the root system.
I was still thinking of that picture where he used washer to constrict the trunk at the base, helping the roots to develope better radial patterns.
Afterall, whether you're talking layering, root grafting, or chimichanga, you're always ending up with the base, and you can tell Andrea covers it quite extensively.

Looks like Bonsai Focus is sold out.
Is my last option messaging Andrea via Facebook or Instagram?

I just got my copy 2 weeks ago from Andrea. Just email him. It is an amazing book, half way through the entire book already and have learned so much about Trident and Japanese maples.

Does anyone know if there is equivalent book for like pines?

I just got my copy 2 weeks ago from Andrea. Just email him. It is an amazing book, half way through the entire book already and have learned so much about Trident and Japanese maples.

Does anyone know if there is equivalent book for like pines?
1614981961281.png

He responds quickly to email, the total cost for shipping to the US makes it pretty steep, maybe $180 or so total

Back
Top Bottom