Canaan Fir

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not much info as far as Bonsai to be found, maybe fir good reason? smirk
After killing my obligatory Dwarf Alberta Spruce a few years ago with ambitious inexperience, in hopes of a "Forever Christmas Tree" , I'm trying again with one of these. I hate paying 50 bucks for a dead tree.
I paid 36 for one with roots over 3ft tall. What a back-breaker with a large plug of our native clay wrapped tightly in burlap.

It will be more of a patio tree I imagine for more that a few years. It has buds everywhere including the trunk so I have hope.

Love to hear any advice and experience with these.
Thanks,
MarkIMG_20181203_112749392_TOP.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have to figure out how to get sun to the needles and at the same time keep the roots relatively cool. Like roots below 85 F. There's always a hot summer that seems to do them in. I have never kept a fir going more than 14 months. I could not tell you what to do.

Not much info as far as Bonsai to be found, maybe fir good reason? smirk
After killing my obligatory Dwarf Alberta Spruce a few years ago with ambitious inexperience, in hopes of a "Forever Christmas Tree" , I'm trying again with one of these. I hate paying 50 bucks for a dead tree.
I paid 36 for one with roots over 3ft tall. What a back-breaker with a large plug of our native clay wrapped tightly in burlap.

It will be more of a patio tree I imagine for more that a few years. It has buds everywhere including the trunk so I have hope.

Love to hear any advice and experience with these.
Thanks,
MarkView attachment 219347

Mirai Live stream and archives:p! At least 2 good streams on nursery stock and so much more;).

Back
Top Bottom