Colorado Spruce for sale on Bonsai Auctions

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Nao asked me to post the first yamadori he ever acquired to Bonsai Auctions on facebook. I know some of you don't do facebook so I am posting here too, it is for sale either way. It comes in an original Nao pot which is probably rarer than the tree out here in the PNW. I can also ask a friend to proxy bid for you if you really don't want to touch fb with a ten foot pole. Thing is we don't want to deal with shipping at the moment - I might consider it when the weather is less hot but for now, local pickup from Portland Metro area. *****I am also traveling to Los Angeles in July, so Socal bonsai heads, I can almost maybe deliver to you depending where you are located. ***** I know nothing about trees so I don't know if it will survive down there lol. I also know nothing about bonsai at all, currently there is a troll claiming I am overselling it. I don't know, I thought it was a sweet story that this was Nao's very first yamadori acquisition. The pot itself is worth $150-200 imo (probably half that in Nao's opinion).

----
From the collection of Nao Tokutake, is a Colorado Blue Spruce originally collected by Todd Schlafer. It made an appearance in a Ryan Neil workshop at the 2018 Bonsai Rendezvous, then was styled and cared for by Nao himself. Nao needs to make space for his persimmon obsession, so this is being offered to locals or anyone willing to drive.
The pot that is included is a Nao Tokutake original unglazed round, and measures 14” diameter, 5” deep. The tree itself is 21” tall. Please see photos.
Local pick up from Portland, Oregon Metro area only please. We can hold the tree for pick up for any upcoming Bonsai Society of Portland events (there is a June and July event).
✅

Starting Bid $500, no reserve, no BIN. Good luck!
----

sprucey.jpgsprucey2.jpgsprucey3.jpgsprucey4.jpg

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
That’s a good lookin tree
I think so too! the guy who commented on the facebook group says it looks like ‘roadside overgrowth’ so I guess looks are subjective 🤔

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think so too! the guy who commented on the facebook group says it looks like ‘roadside overgrowth’ so I guess looks are subjective 🤔
😁 I bet he then tried to low ball you on price...Nice little spruce.👍

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Very lovely tree. I've saved this post to consider it as I'm not ready to decide just yet.

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I remember seeing this tree last time I visited you guys. Looks much nicer now!

Top Bottom