Dancing tree..

True, but all aren't artistically inclined or at least have a good sense of "seeing an end result". I'm one of those that don't have either. I always try to do natural first, but this fell into my lap and it challenges me. I look at it with an "instinctive" natural eye and this tree don't want that. There's people here that has what I lack. In the end they get their creative streaks enhanced and I get to get a peek outside my box ;)
Then again I don't want a tree that someone else designed...so I have my work cut out for me. But its early days yet. I have it in my garage and looking at it frequently. We have all winter...:D

i didnt in my first few years either. hell, i couldnt even manage to do a virt.
but with practice and obviously watching others draw virts over n over i was able to do my own.
i have tons of images of wild trees and inspirational bonsai trees in my files. tons of bookmarked forum content from various forums, progression threads etc.
thats why i was able to pick out a similar tree to yours pretty quickly. because its something i have seen before.
this has helped me immensely over the years.
obviously it takes time and experience but i think most dont do enough research or work enough trees or persist with inferior material as i read somewhere earlier.
studying better trees and seeing what pros do with trees consistantly will help you to envision an end picture.

i think its a lazy statement when peeps say ah i just dont have the eye. if you want it enough, it will come.

i didnt in my first few years either. hell, i couldnt even manage to do a virt.
but with practice and obviously watching others draw virts over n over i was able to do my own.
i have tons of images of wild trees and inspirational bonsai trees in my files. tons of bookmarked forum content from various forums, progression threads etc.
thats why i was able to pick out a similar tree to yours pretty quickly. because its something i have seen before.
this has helped me immensely over the years.
obviously it takes time and experience but i think most dont do enough research or work enough trees or persist with inferior material as i read somewhere earlier.
studying better trees and seeing what pros do with trees consistantly will help you to envision an end picture.

i think its a lazy statement when peeps say ah i just dont have the eye. if you want it enough, it will come.
Yeah you're absolutely right Bobby. Bonsai, like anything in life should be worked at tirelessly, if you want to be the best you can be at it.
I'm sitting here thinking...i've been
telling myself that i'm not artistic enough for how long now. No wonder i've turned into a firm believer ...:p
That's obviously why I still can't do a proper virt :D

Back
Top Bottom