Destroying People

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess that means you'll be going to the show after all?
Good. You should be there to vend.
As much as it sounds nice for this individual to message you, I'm pretty sure he's not a 'Cool guy' he's a total dickbag.
No need to take that with a grain of salt, I'm sure it's true ;-)
In all actuality. ..
I am pretty sure, I will not go to the show.

I am thinking about instead Saving my money and taking the wife on a Real Vacation.

Thanks for the reply.

I am through with this and do not want to be associated with anymore of it in either direction.

Thanks!

Thanks "Jim".

For the record, I was the person who started that discussion (initially about the procumbens question, but as is typical it morphed from there). The exchange that prompted this thread was deleted by Stacy and the other person. The thread still exists, minus this stuff and nothing of note has been added since last night.

Ah, the joys of the internet.
I am confused Coh... I thought Sawgrass said this went down on Facebook but you seem to be talking about the Procumbens Nana thread here, or do I have that wrong? I am probably on most the Bonsai Facebook pages, but i don't read as much as well on there so I would have probably missed it... Just trying to clarify, was the offending thread here or on Facebook?

Business is always best communicated either in person or via phone call. I would say that whether you felt justified in your opinion, I would call this person and amend things for business sake. You may personally disagree with everything this person says but they may turn out to provide you with a lot of business. Also things can become skewed when a person can't hear the dialect or tone in your voice or read your body language or facial expressions during a conversation. The texting and electronic messaging has started an epidemic with the children and teens in our society because they lack the skills to communicate properly in person.

And we all know how much you love a good argument Stacy. Sometimes it's best not to argue for arguements sake. Love your scroll paintings by the way. I'm asking for one on my birthday coming up.

Can someone call Sawgrass a waambulance? Guy is always whining about something, causing trouble, and then complains he is being unfairly attacked in 10,000 words or more.

Anyway, why bring this crap over here and start a new thread on it? Attention seeking? Mommy didn't hold you enough when you were little?

Like it or not you have to admire his passion.

Business is always best communicated either in person or via phone call. I would say that whether you felt justified in your opinion, I would call this person and amend things for business sake. You may personally disagree with everything this person says but they may turn out to provide you with a lot of business. Also things can become skewed when a person can't hear the dialect or tone in your voice or read your body language or facial expressions during a conversation. The texting and electronic messaging has started an epidemic with the children and teens in our society because they lack the skills to communicate properly in person.

And we all know how much you love a good argument Stacy. Sometimes it's best not to argue for arguements sake. Love your scroll paintings by the way. I'm asking for one on my birthday coming up.
Whole lot of truth in that first paragraph!
90% of communication is nonverbal- tone, pace, inflection, facial expressions, body movements, eye contact... when texting or reading something in the forum, we just get the 10%! Maybe 15% of you add an emoji or use CAPS as I am prone to do! ;)

Also true I feel about the younger generation lacking good communication skills...

On the way to meet up with @Vin one time my wife and I stopped at a pretty old bonsai garden about 20 minutes north of Panama City. A lady owns the place and seemed very quite, I asked her if she knew a pretty well known name in bonsai and she told us that
"Bonsai people should keep to them selves"
This took me by surprise and almost bothered me, but I understand where she came from. Our trees are fragile and so are the relationships we make with people. I think opinions can easily hurt people's feelings, especially in art forms.
It can be hard to read people in person sometimes and even harder to read them in text.
There is a guy in BC that is a great guy with great outlook on life and kindness of others likes and opinions. He is also a lot of fun.
Let's not dwell on negative. There has to be a way to fix this.

I am confused Coh... I thought Sawgrass said this went down on Facebook but you seem to be talking about the Procumbens Nana thread here, or do I have that wrong? I am probably on most the Bonsai Facebook pages, but i don't read as much as well on there so I would have probably missed it... Just trying to clarify, was the offending thread here or on Facebook?
It was facebook (and it looks like you found it) :) It started as a discussion about procumbens and...evolved lol.

I love this guy for his spirit and after subscribing to his channel have really enjoyed his entertaining videos.

So... just out of curiosity?

Was the Post regarding all of this...
on Bonsai Talk on FB... Taken down?

Seems to of disappear conviently?

Or have I just been Blocked by the Poster?

Someone can PM this... if they want too.
Thank in advance!
Screen Shots work too!

No one can battle... if the other side refuses to fight.

I don't know what happened in this discussion, but clearly emotions were elevated to the point where people are getting aggressive. Why?

Stacy you are a man of strong opinions. Opinions are good. Attacks on other peoples' opinions are not. I am not going to guess who said what to whom first... at which point a discussion turned into an argument. But really? For someone with so much talent you seem to attract more than your fair share of drama. At some point you need to ask yourself... is it the rest of the world against yourself? Or you against the rest of the world?

And I say this as a friend who will call "bullshit" if I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I think you are looking for enemies in all the wrong places... Seek understanding and compromise, my friend...

And I still owe you that beer :)

I don't know what happened in this discussion, but clearly emotions were elevated to the point where people are getting aggressive. Why?

Stacy you are a man of strong opinions. Opinions are good. Attacks on other peoples' opinions are not. I am not going to guess who said what to whom first... at which point a discussion turned into an argument. But really? For someone with so much talent you seem to attract more than your fair share of drama. At some point you need to ask yourself... is it the rest of the world against yourself? Or you against the rest of the world?

And I say this as a friend who will call "bullshit" if I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I think you are looking for enemies in all the wrong places... Seek understanding and compromise, my friend...

And I still owe you that beer :)
Will all due respect Greg...
I have sought compromise.
I said this a post or two back.

I am through with this other than I have been asked by someone for the information... seeing that apparently this seems to be a reoccurring issue. They asked if the post was still up... I did not see it and apparently I have just been informed that it is... but I am Blocked.

So... I planned on informing them of this a soon as I have written this... and they can go and draw their own conclusions.

Personally... at this point I actually don't care anymore... other than it would be a shame for this to happen to someone else.
Thank you.
But, I do not think I want that Beer now.

This kind of shit is what brings down forums. I have nothing against you Stacy and I'm a fan of your work. I think you just need thicker skin and not engage, to the point of fueling, stupid arguments. Several members here have some kind of problem and just love arguing or putting people down. Some people do not know the meaning of compromise--in their eyes to even question their validity is preposterous. "How could I ever be wrong...it must be them," is the train of thought I imagine.

I don't know if its just me but in past several months it looks like this forum is slowly dying. Not as many new threads and of those that are made, many are just long stupid arguments. I typically go to the "New Posts" submenue to find interesting threads to read. When I first joined this forum there were always new interesting threads, many with members sharing their trees.

Now I often find the "Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages." break with increasingly less new threads of any value or interest. Many new members turn into lurkers and former members who previously were active with potentially GOOD content to post seldom do.

I really do enjoy the nuthouse as there is invaluable information posted here. I do not have time to consistently attend club meetings and enjoy this forum as a resource. It's rather sad to see these arguments and even more so to see some long time members perpetuate them (not just referring to you Stacy).

I don't know if its just me but in past several months it looks like this forum is slowly dying. Not as many new threads and of those that are made, many are just long stupid arguments. I typically go to the "New Posts" submenue to find interesting threads to read. When I first joined this forum there were always new interesting threads, many with members sharing their trees.

Never fear @bleumeon this is a pretty old and well-established cycle. Some of the players are even the same. It's like I said before, at some point, those involved have to make a personal choice to not rise to the fight... or not... The truth is this argument is actually pretty tame by the old standards. You keep teaching us what you are learning as it is clear you will have a long and very bright future in this art. Be part of the solution, choose to lead. Some will take your example.

the other person apologized for sounding argumentative a couple of times, and asked you a couple more to drop it.
You didn't drop it, and kept goading, and it all went downhill from there.

Have not seen post but have been offended by things you spoke on this site. Can imagine insensitivity/complete lack of humility displayed at these times causing whole problem to begin with.

It was all about whether mature foliage on a nana requires a significant amount of age. And it got real ugly real fast.

FWIW, the guy Stacy is talking about, who I like as an artist, pretty much shit on this site and everyone on it, with the exception of "maybe" 3 or 4 guys who know what they are talking about. The rest of us know very little but say a whole lot, to paraphrase.

BTW, Stacy, when you have time and want to get back into the subject matter, I'd still like to know what kind of training or care you specifically were talking about to get your nanas to product mature scale foliage.

It was all about whether mature foliage on a nana requires a significant amount of age. And it got real ugly real fast.

FWIW, the guy Stacy is talking about, who I like as an artist, pretty much shit on this site and everyone on it, with the exception of "maybe" 3 or 4 guys who know what they are talking about. The rest of us know very little but say a whole lot, to paraphrase.

BTW, Stacy, when you have time and want to get back into the subject matter, I'd still like to know what kind of training or care you specifically were talking about to get your nanas to product mature scale foliage.

LOL Yea in Stacey's (@sawgrass) defense that guy is not super cool. It would have been easy to allow it to escalate. @coh did an awful lot to stoke the fire on both places...

Last night I had a polite conversation on FB... Lol! With an individual on the up and up in Bonsai here in the States...

Which concluded with the Whole Notion that he was Personally going to "Destroy Me"... make it so "I never worked in Bonsai Again"... as well... "Make sure the Bonsai Community never dealt with me Again both in Bonsai and My Work"... that I was not somehow on his "Radar Before"... even though I've known the guy for some time now... and have endless conversations regarding Me Hand Painting Pots... but that "Now I am on his Radar... and that He will make sure I know I am"...

Today...

Well... today... I actually feel sorry for this individual.

I feel Sorry for the fact that "He" feels the need to do all of this over some stupid misunderstanding over a Post regarding Bonsai.

That this effected him so much... that he would seek to do such a thing.

What a Small Little Man.

Over Bonsai... Really???
Are you kidding me???

Does he or anyone else honestly think they can stop someone from doing Bonsai?

And if so... what good would a Bonsai Community be... A "Family" be... seeing I have heard folks here not only refer to it as one... but also seek to "Destroy People".
If they allowed such an event to happen?

This actually disgusts me.

It makes me realize how Small People are in Bonsai. To be honest, it makes me realize how Small Bonsai, itself is.
And to be Frank... I don't want to be a part of this "Family " anymore.

This is not what Family does.

Oh for Christ's sake. What is this now- therapy f***ing corner?
Grow a pair and sort out your personal business man. Life's a bitch and it's not going to get better any time soon.
Strike me pink!

Oh for Christ's sake. What is this now- therapy f***ing corner?
Grow a pair and sort out your personal business man. Life's a bitch and it's not going to get better any time soon.
Strike me pink!
Lol!
Actually you do know that I still love you!
And appreciate your work... regardless right!
Hang tough man... I have been there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom