Dog days are here in Southeast TX

Show off.

It was cool enough to do some work around 1030 last night.

At least tropicals are ready for repotting, lol.

The dog days are between early July and early September when Sirius, the Dog Star, rises and sets with the Sun.
Having spent a few summers in SE Texas, dog days can also mean, you want to pant like a dog because it's so freakin HOT and miserable. The thought that the hottest part of the summer is just on the horizon and its already 97 F, makes you want to crawl under the couch... šŸ˜

100% Rock!

97 with 70%+ humidity - you feel like you're wrapped in a hot blanket. Every Texas summer makes me thankful I'm not doing manual labor anymore.

But hey, I have some Japan maples that are actually thriving. In ground of course, we will see how they hold up this week. You can see how bright the sun they get, they're shaded after ~1pm. But full sun before then.

Attachments

• 20230611_124431.jpg
    20230611_124431.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230611_124449.jpg
    20230611_124449.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 26
I thought 97 was bad until I watched the news. They forecasted pretty much 102 all week starting Thursday. Heat index will be 115. Yike!
Moved my JMs into a somewhat shady spot.

I thought 97 was bad until I watched the news. They forecasted pretty much 102 all week starting Thursday. Heat index will be 115. Yike!
Moved my JMs into a somewhat shady spot.
I need to do the same.

I am a tiny bit cooler but not much. The hot weather will close down the tree shipping very soon. I don't want any tree I ship to be boiled before it arrives.
Freeze it before you ship out šŸ˜‚

Just came back from vacation. Was hoping for a cool down... even Cancun is cooler. This week is worse than last... wonder how plants can even survive.
Screenshot_20230806_121044_Weather.jpg

Having spent a few summers in SE Texas, dog days can also mean, you want to pant like a dog because it's so freakin HOT and miserable. The thought that the hottest part of the summer is just on the horizon and its already 97 F, makes you want to crawl under the couch... šŸ˜
More like into the fridge

Back
Top Bottom