first plant out

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Celebratory post, the first plant of the year has been pried out of the frozen pumice mulch, the rest will follow soon.
Potentilla collected last year. These guys and larch flush out the day before snow melts off of them, quite funny, always rushing.

I've been working my a$$ off trying to tie up various projects to have time for trees, partially successfully, I'm glad my season didn't start sooner but kind of almost ready now IMG_20150415_183117145.jpg and very much looking forward to the tree games.

No losses here either that I can see. No rodent damage or snow breakage. A small bit of dieback on some quince seedlings that are probably not hardy to my zone is all I've seen so far.

Sounds like the frozen block of pumice did the job. That's good to hear.

I just got mine out of the mulch today, didn't look like I lost any besides those chinese elms seedlings, onto repotting season quickly so I can start to yamadori soon!

Have fun out there!
You're in Quebec right?

Yes, not many people doing bonsai up here. The season is short here and everything happens so quickly. Got the trees out of the mulch Thursday, repotted about 100 trees all week-end, long hours but so much fun!
I started collecting yesterday, did some more today and it looks like it'll be over for deciduous trees thursday, the buds will have popped!

Back
Top Bottom