I will call him Lazarus!!!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would be leery of using anything that adjusts watering based on the weather, maybe you can disable that portion of the control.
I have a similar one, you can choose either smart watering or manual. I use the manual and besides the programming you can turn it on whenever you want.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would be leery of using anything that adjusts watering based on the weather, maybe you can disable that portion of the control

That's an important point Judy. Yes you can use it manually or set it up to water, once, twice, etc. I have used "smart" controllers on just grass and they hardly work, so I definitely would say be careful with a weather based system.

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would trust my irrigation system before I'd trust a person without bonsai experience.

I agree Judy. But just the other week our local power company did
some line work and bit me in the neck with no power on a 95+ degree
day turning everything to toast when my timers could not trip the solenoid
for my water. I was gone. Nothing wonderful lost but I have some major
apologies to make to a couple of people about losing a plant they had sent me.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I agree Judy. But just the other week our local power company did
some line work and bit me in the neck with no power on a 95+ degree
day turning everything to toast when my timers could not trip the solenoid
for my water. I was gone. Nothing wonderful lost but I have some major
apologies to make to a couple of people about losing a plant they had sent me.
Man that sucks. It's my biggest fear, loosing power, as there are several stretches that I depend on my system. My timers have batteries, so it's just the well pump that would be a problem for me. Maybe you could look at some battery timers. If backup generators weren't so expensive, I'd look at getting one of those...but it would have to be the kind that kicks on automatically, and those are spendy.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wisteria that didn't wake up in April...or May.....or June. Gave up on it, no water for nearly two months. In our "heat wave" and "drought". Well, low and behold, I took a look at it towards the beginning of August, it's alive!?!?:confused:
DSC01383.JPG

You can see where it died back to, if you look real hard!:D
DSC01384.JPG
This Chinensis channeled it's inner-cactus I guess? Considering it was around 0 degrees for most of February....I'm surprised I didn't lose everything.
Crap material like this always seems to live. Stuff you like tends to kick the bucket!

Top Bottom