I'm starting to understand you pot people!

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
There is something in the Facebook auction right now that, for the first time, is tempting me to buy a fancy pot:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Here's the description:
"Breathtaking Oval from Aiba Koyo in one of his 3 versions of Namako. Most every contemporary potter has a version of the Antique Chinese classical glaze, but this one from Koyo (and also Youzan's) are different from anything I've ever seen. Marvelous runs and drips remind me of the Aurora Borealis. Measures 7.7 by 5.7 by 1.8"

I don't have any idea what I would do with it, but I just can't stop looking at it ;)
I just love that glaze. I think I can resist for now, but man, it's a weird feeling to lust after a piece of pottery!

I just wanted to share my appreciation. What do you guys think?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pretty. Very unique glaze on that one. Everyone should have a Koyo, the glazes are wonderful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 130

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Love Koyo pots. He is known for his glazes and is frequently compared to some of the all time great Japanese potters in this regard. Concerning this pot, it might be a bit "over the top" for my liking...but his pots are collectible as well as usable. By the way, nice pots are a lot like potato chips...:D

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yep, crazy cool pot!! Saw that one, little over what I want to pay for a pot right now, but if I was going to buy one to stick on a shelf somewhere... It would look a lot like this!!

Top Bottom