is Denver Botanic Gardens’ Bonsai Collection open in winter?

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I can’t seem to find any details on the Botanic Gardens’ website. I understand some permanent collections close in the winter, but not sure about this one.

Pinging some Coloradans who may know: @Hartinez @Colorado.

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’m pretty sure that the collection is basically closed in the winter. I think you can still walk through the garden but I don’t think any trees are on the benches typically.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
good to know! i’ll probably skip it then, i’m here often enough, but my flight out got delayed so i was looking for something to do tomorrow.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can’t seem to find any details on the Botanic Gardens’ website. I understand some permanent collections close in the winter, but not sure about this one.

Pinging some Coloradans who may know: @Hartinez @Colorado.
Thanks for the thought, but I’m New Mexican! 🌶️ @Colorado is my go to CO source though for sure

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
ah, i totally knew that if i would’ve thought about it! must’ve been the ski pics that confused me.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
good to know! i’ll probably skip it then, i’m here often enough, but my flight out got delayed so i was looking for something to do tomorrow.
The botanical gardens are worth a visit ANYWAY....fwiw.

bisonburt

Seed
Reaction score
No trees are in the bonsai pavillion in winter but stored in various places not accessible to the public. You might find a few trees peeking through the greenhouses. Also a flowering apricot is about to be displayed in the Marnie's Pavilion as it is starting to bloom!

Captain_Electron

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Speaking of Denver
Is there even any good bonsai stores around anymore? The one I knew of closed

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
More of a nursery, but First Branch Bonsai would be my destination if I was looking for a collected conifer. Don’t know about any more retail stores however.

Top Bottom