My Mi Nishiki

Nice looking pine. I did notice it has some needle issue from the photo, brown spot or some kind of needle cast?

Always a good day when you get a tree from @Brent ! I'll be curious on where you'll land for a front, and if you'll use the ten-jin as part of the design. I kept my Hachi-Gen in a round pot for several years trying to decide on a front.

From his website, descriptions, and another Mi-Nishiki, it seems pretty close to Hachi-Gen as a cultivar, except maybe better bark. My Hachi-Gen is flaky and chunky, but not winged like some are.

Always a good day when you get a tree from @Brent ! I'll be curious on where you'll land for a front, and if you'll use the ten-jin as part of the design. I kept my Hachi-Gen in a round pot for several years trying to decide on a front.

From his website, descriptions, and another Mi-Nishiki, it seems pretty close to Hachi-Gen as a cultivar, except maybe better bark. My Hachi-Gen is flaky and chunky, but not winged like some are.

I'm thinking of calling her "Baby got back" see first picture in the first post.
It is a great day to receive something from @Brent. I'm liking the front in the second post. I'd like to use the ten-jin as a point just above the canopy. This thing is back budding like crazy, So I could probably do anything I can dream up with it.
I know you have a lot of information on corker, so I'd appreciate any and all info you could send me. This is my first one. Thank you in advance for that.

So, I took this tree to The Bonsai Learning center near Charlotte NC for a BYOT with Bjorn today. I was just looking for direction and somehow this happened. He says it's very healthy but he has his doubts it's a cork bark variety.

IMG_20170521_153659250[1].jpg

The Mi Nishiki is a cork bark pine, but it takes a long time for it to cork up. I also have a Mi Nishiki that I got as a 4 yr. old cutting in 2002 from Brent. It is just now coming into its own, with cork ridges running up and down the trunk. I like your tree and think it has excellent potential. Be patient, keep the tree in good health and it will reward you, slowly, a little at a time.

Back
Top Bottom