On the road to styling a juniper.

Jun2x258

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have just started a long life project. Just got introduce in the world of bonsai and I got a really good juniper or cypress tree(not sure) that I decided I will wait before touching and do major changes. I am starting a thread in which I’ll post some of my experiments and learning process to learn how to bonsai. This is one of my yamadoris today. It was literally dying at the side of the road. Decided to practice on it. I think it’s a shrub or just something. I don’t think it’s a tree. It has really small leaves but wood body. A nice plant to practice in I guess. I’ll start the thread with the photo of the Juniper/Cypress and today’s practice. For sure the shrub won’t look good. I’m using it for experimenting and practicing. Since it had a lot of deadwood. I decided to some as Jin and do somewhat of a shari. Maybe I killed the plant, but not really a worry. Not really a concern. If anyone knows the tree, please let me know what it is.
i’ll thank everyone in advance. Thank you.C98751D1-B99C-4F32-9B09-09B69FEC9098.jpegFEF8EB7F-7C12-43DF-B767-3200DE769FFA.jpegFBC6FF62-A0A6-49B1-BE72-C56A3464A997.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got a really good juniper or cypress tree(not sure) that I decided I will wait before touching and do major changes. I am starting a thread in which I’ll post some of my experiments and learning process to learn how to bonsai. This is one of my yamadoris today. It was literally dying at the side of the road.
I would have sworn I have seen this tree before?
DId you post it before?

Top Bottom