panda's collection

Went back and read the whole thread! Great stuff... I really liked the opening "I've only been at this about a year, and my trees reflect that, but I've certainly started seeing some results, or at least responses to my actions--good and bad!"

I used to use a similar line (only been at this about a year) when I needed to make some fast cash at the pool halls in Detroit and Dearborn...🤣

Juniperus procumbens
Another classroom tree! This time for my repotting class this April. potted in a blue green glazed production pot
View attachment 502957View attachment 502958View attachment 502959View attachment 502960
a few weeks later, I noticed that it was wildly wobbly. I recalled that I had only wired in one half of the root mass. I took drastic measures to wire in the rest by just sorta shoving a wire up through the soil... it was a great success! View attachment 502962View attachment 502963
this time, I waited for fresh growth before insulting the tree further. By the end of May, it was booming with growth, so I shaped it a bit more
View attachment 502961View attachment 502964
do you see the elephant?
View attachment 502965

View attachment 502966
View attachment 502967
as it today, with some small progressive prunes, particularly around the back, bald head. View attachment 502968View attachment 502969View attachment 502970
The Future
design wise, I'm thinking of this tree as something of a mother-daughter semi cascade. The front low branch that is shaped like a New Zealand silver fern has beautiful structure that will fill out into pads quite nicely. I haven't put any wire on this, but I plan to wire it this fall. I will compress the trunk and give it some 3d movement. I think I can fill in much of the bald spot by raising some wires, but I still have something of a whorl back there. I also have a branch to the right that will likely become a jin.
This tree got a new pot and angle. It’s a no-name Yixing pot, but I think it matches with the tree well. Clearly I still need to work on my photography, and per usual I got too excited to take photos during repot.

IMG_1516.jpeg
Next for this tree will be building some secondary branching and jinning back most of the right side.

This tree got a new pot and angle. It’s a no-name Yixing pot, but I think it matches with the tree well. Clearly I still need to work on my photography, and per usual I got too excited to take photos during repot.

View attachment 529925
Next for this tree will be building some secondary branching and jinning back most of the right side.
I love JPN. This one is very nice

Back
Top Bottom