Pest on my trees? What is it please?

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is this? Thanks for the help. American Elm
1653659538891.jpeg

Thanks for the quick reply and reference! Nasty looking but, not as bad as I feared.
1653660528398.jpeg

How about the fine webs on my Azalea if I may ask? Spider Mites?

1653660755013.jpeg

Holy smokes! Yes looks like it’s probably spider mites to me. I always remove the webbing before it ever reaches that stage of proliferation.
That's what I did and separated it from the rest. Thanks

Holy smokes! Yes looks like it’s probably spider mites to me. I always remove the webbing before it ever reaches that stage of proliferation.
That's actually what makes me think it's spiders. I've never seen spider mites create a web that large and loose. Usually it's really thick and silky. I'm not saying they could never make a web that big but even my worst infestations never looked like that, and those trees were half dead

That's actually what makes me think it's spiders. I've never seen spider mites create a web that large and loose. Usually it's really thick and silky. I'm not saying they could never make a web that big but even my worst infestations never looked like that, and those trees were half dead

I haven’t had the misfortune of seeing a web like that on one of my bonsais. But on my neighborhood walks I have seen some HUGE spider mites infestations on neighbors’ landscaping plants. They seem to love dwarf Alberta spruce. I’ve seen them take over an entire 5 foot tall DAS and kill it over the course of a summer.

Not in my garden though! :)

Try a vigorous splash job w/garden hose. Coupled with a little hands-on removal, should be good to go......

.....maybe wheel up one of your dirt-bikes and give it a couple blips on the throttle......aftermarket pipes got some good flow!!! 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

Maybe a little sprish-sprish with insecticidal soap just to be certain.

Gall not really terminal, but hella' unsightly!!🤮

Thanks friends:) When removing the webs there was a small spider cussing me so it may be a regular spider and not mite. Going to do the paper test and hose it off just the same. Maybe I'll take it for a ride @LanceMac10 1653669969551.jpeg

I say anything spanning 2 branches is a spider.

Mites tend to web closer, like leaf to leaf or leaf to twig.

#eatagall

Sorce

Follow up is it was just a regular small spider community and no harm done to either plant or spiders:)

Back
Top Bottom