Peter Warren Japanese Black Pine

Yes I agree! Very nice progress on this tree. The taper and nebari are great!!

Amazing progression. I appreciate seeing this coming up again. Well on its way to being a stunning work of art.

James

index.php

I hope no one gets ticked at me but this is such a good tree I thought I would post a larger photo if it so everybody does not have to click on it to get a better view.

Brian, apologize for hijacking your thread, but how do you guys post larger picture? Thanks

WOW....that's all I can say! Thank you for sharing, this Journey is well worth the wait!

Download your photo to your desktop. Drag and drop it into this field. You will see your image below with two buttons: Thumbnail and Full image. Click on Full Image and you will get a good size image on the post.2014MugoRedux.jpg

This one might be a bit better.
index.php

I right clicked on your image which brings up pop up widow. The bottom option says copy image. Click on copy image. Go to the reply window and add image icon and a pop up menu appears. There is an area where it say image. Paste your image and upload.

That's going to be really nice when the crown fills out a bit more. Very relaxing image. Great work!

End of the year update. I have been developing a better first right branch for a few years, and got enough growth to remove the one behind it. I'll let it grow out longer over time. Think my approach graft is failing...again...shouldn't have severed it. I'll be pretty pi$$ed to lose it again.
image.jpg

Hi Brian, thanks for posting this progression. I don't know if I missed something but did that approach graft on the thick first main branch on the right take? Or have you cut the thick branch back in favour of a thinner one in front of it?
Am curouos to know what appended to the approach graft?

Thanks, wait till I get it wired out in the winter. I think 2017 could be a good year for this tree, despite its flaws.

Thanks, wait till I get it wired out in the winter. I think 2017 could be a good year for this tree, despite its flaws.
A good tree can be defined, in my way of thinking, by the innate beauty is possesses that makes any flaws, obvious or not, irrelevant. This tree is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom