Reaction score
20231013_123732.jpg
Did you discover any new Seneca Rocks?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The popular path is well trodden! What lies beyond? Ancient route to market in Italy worn first by foot, then donkey, followed by donkey and cart. Widens with change of use and deepens over the centuries.

View attachment 519108

Easily one of the neatest things that I have seen.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Easily one of the neatest things that I have seen.
Agreed, it took a while for me to process the explanation from the guide and understand how the path could start narrow and gradually widen over time! We often say in Bonsai things take time. But really they do!
Some of the modern inventions are not really that new. Public communal toilets go back a ways as well! I note the early ones did not require flushing and had excellent ventilation. Simply flowing water directed below. So much for progress.
IMG_1742.JPG

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Agreed, it took a while for me to process the explanation from the guide and understand how the path could start narrow and gradually widen over time! We often say in Bonsai things take time. But really they do!
Some of the modern inventions are not really that new. Public communal toilets go back a ways as well! I note the early ones did not require flushing and had excellent ventilation. Simply flowing water directed below. So much for progress.
View attachment 519112
YES! exactly!

I sat for a while looking at the varied widths and thought of the many travels past.

Top Bottom