Sad addition to my bonsai collection..

First he gives you his daughter, and then you get the trees. I believe he had a certain affection for you. It's nice to think his spirit and name will live on thru your care. Like Egyptian hieroglyphics, his name will be spoken and he will live eternally.....:)

Condolences to you and your family.

Went to another burial last week, a very good friend's mother, and my mother's 89-yr-old friend has been in hospital for a week, he probably won't be able to finish his life at home, tending his garden and providing us with all the vegs he would grow and was so proud to share with us.

The co-founder of our clud, in the late 70s, had a bad fall and can hardly walk now, but we bought back most of his trees : a way to continue what we shared together, a way to keep him with us for all he gave us.

Passing away doesn't mean ceasing to exist : what he gave you, and not only bonsai, will live through what he shared with you.

My sympathies to your wife and you, his past is part of your future.

I have several trees my dad bought me as raw material from a really lovely family day out then a visit to a garden centre. He's thankfully still with us but they are on a special list of keeper trees even though they will not necessarily be the best. Sorry for your loss but these trees will hopefully trigger some happy thoughts going forward for you.

Building new benches today.

Don't forget our fire loss friends. You may have some that you might like to pass on. I had a good time when we met and donated trees and pots and books to all those that lost everything in the fires last year.

Ron Anderson, Paul Holtzen, Kelly Anderson and me.

Attachments

• IMG_5542 (2).JPG
    IMG_5542 (2).JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom