Tommy's trees

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
so rather then making seperate threads i will put some trees in here.
So to start here is a maple clump. Standard mountain maple
I got it in may 2016
image.jpeg
Just a little trim
image.jpeg
This is how it looked past winter
image.jpeg
From this front looked kinda flat, all front trees where in 1 line, i decided upon a new front
Now there are a bit too many branches in fron and the back is now in need of some more.
I have one bud that opened at a nice place, i need 1 more, we will see, perhaps grafting may be needed but maybe not.
Here its after repot,
image.jpeg
Second trunk from left i probably chop aroind the half, maybe this summer or fall..
Here its with spring leaves. Dont mind the wire on the right, i actually want to bend most of the trunks to the right but since it put quite a lot of pressure on 1 side so will wait till the roots are a bit more established. It was very rootbound and had to remove a lot of roots.
Container may be just a little too shallow at this point.
image.jpeg

That's a nice clump and great start. I might do some cut back and a good wiring but I like it!

Thanx!

Here is another maple, variety beni chidori.
I got it last fall but seem to be missing a picture, its fall colours were very nice .
I should have cut back at that time but i didnt.. This fall i will do.

Here it is this winter and today, spring colours are pinkish red i guess for a bout another 2 weeks or so before they start to turn green.
The new pot is a little too big but the tree has a long way to go anyway so its fine for now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanx!

Here is another maple, variety beni chidori.
I got it last fall but seem to be missing a picture, its fall colours were very nice .
I should have cut back at that time but i didnt.. This fall i will do.

Here it is this winter and today, spring colours are pinkish red i guess for a bout another 2 weeks or so before they start to turn green.
The new pot is a little too big but the tree has a long way to go anyway so its fine for now.
View attachment 140051
View attachment 140052
Very nice trees, Tommy!

The twin trunk is very nice. I like to see the lowest branch on the composition to be on the smaller trunk

Big fan of anyone who can pull off a natural looking maple and you certainly make that list. Especially when it's a multi trunk. Very nice.

yeah, though at this point it wouldnt hurt to get a bit more taper so for now im still keeping all lower branches.
The trade off being there will be a larger scar when you do cut them off. Catch-22.

You're really not going to get much trunk thickening in a bonsai pot.

Tommy D is in the house.....

And he's live.....

Understand!

Sorce

And he's live.....

Understand!

Sorce

I ❤️ !
Lol, this was supposed to say I love house music in emoticons, but this app doesn't support the ones I need. Loses something ...

Here is an ezo spruce i repotted today.
This pictures is when i got it and then after styling. 2 years ago
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Last fall i didnt wire as it suffered a bit from summerheat but it seems to be doing fine now. Hopefully it gets through summer no problem so it can be wired again in fall.
image.jpeg

Here is a red pine i repotted today, i decandeld last year, i probably shouldnt have..
I was planning to do only the strong ones but then i just continued leaving just very weak ones. Will see how it grows this year. At least the soil is better now.
image.jpeg
This part was completely straight, last summer i put a bend in it, when it grows out a bit i see if i can remove the stick or put some more movement.
image.jpeg

Sadly i lost my earlier pictures, also from other trees due to my phone, xperiaz4, dont buy it.

Another todays repot, not the pot i actually wanted to use as it turent out to be a little small because of the angle change so i took what was available, as beech requires a lot of water i dont like it to be a just fit, my watering is not very stable...
I can only find this pic from last year..
image.jpeg
And now before and after repot
It was raining but the trunk is normally nicely white.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

An apple tree i got for free.
I put 3 airlayers around end of summer. That turned out not to be a very good idea timingwise,
1 is still growing strong, 1 is death and 1 has no leaves at all but still branches seem to be still green.. Roots arent visable yet, i will give them a couple more months.

Not completely sure yet for the direction to take, i was thinking the bunjin direction with only the left trunk, now the right one popped some leaves lower down, maybe i can still use this trunk.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom