Webbing on Itoigawa Juniper

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks, I will adjust my profile. I used the advice and the mites are already gone. I'll have to keep a lookout for mites this year
click on your name and account info.
There is a field you can fill in location.
If you arent comfortable listing the town, the area of the state is fine.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
that's great, glad to hear things are clearing up. In reference to the "-50 wind chill", that's insane, and impressive.

Bailey

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
that's great, glad to hear things are clearing up. In reference to the "-50 wind chill", that's insane, and impressive.
Yeah, people around here do not go outside unless we have too. Even going onto my porch is a situation of 'do I really have to?' And then make sure i have a sweater on :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GGB

Bailey

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Total get it. My youngest is 4, and he still gets into trouble when he feels like helping. Loved his poor portulacaria to death.

The tobacco tea isn't bad, but I learned this winter not to try storing a big batch, and its not persistent enough for long term control. The nicotine breaks down too fast. I don't think it has any effect on eggs at all.
I make a small batch and keep it by my tropicals in winter. Just spray whenever I spot something.
It can discolor flowers and the like, BTW.
My 6 year old son picked out one of my japanese maples for his own a few years ago. He absolutely loves it. But lucky for me he only remembers it a handful of time per year. I care for it the rest of the time and ask his permission before I cut or air layer anything. He watches Herons Bonsai on YouTube with me so he understands a little bit.
I figure starting a tree with him when he was 3 is one of the best gifts I can give him :)

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My 6 year old son picked out one of my japanese maples for his own a few years ago. He absolutely loves it. But lucky for me he only remembers it a handful of time per year. I care for it the rest of the time and ask his permission before I cut or air layer anything. He watches Herons Bonsai on YouTube with me so he understands a little bit.
I figure starting a tree with him when he was 3 is one of the best gifts I can give him :)
I miss when my kids watched bonsai stuff with me. They've hit that phase where they prefer to fight over what they want to watch.🤪
But they all have a tree of their own, though my 7yo's ficus is the only one doing well. Might be because she's the only one who seems interested in plants.🤔

Bailey

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's aa little update on the 2. The itoiwagawa is putting on new growth and I am working on clearing the dead and weak growth from the shimpaku. I love how healthy they are getting. I think all my other junipers came down with blight or something. Working to save the Kishu. It was not a good winter for my trees.

Attachments

• 20230618_100949.jpg
    20230618_100949.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230618_100945.jpg
    20230618_100945.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230618_100941.jpg
    20230618_100941.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230618_100935.jpg
    20230618_100935.jpg