What tools do you need?

It would be difficult to beat direct ordering from Kaneshin in my experiences with them. They reply within 24 hours to emails, and the items I bought shipped from Japan to Macon,Georgia in less than a week if you pay a little extra for expedited shipping. If as a dealer are allowed to "clone" the Kaneshin web pages, there are some translations that could be improved with better English. I like Kaneshin tools.

My two cents worth...

I can't stock as much inventory as they have. But, if there is something you'd want and I don't have it in stock, it would just be their shipping time plus two days. Responding to emails is my number one focus, I'll have you a reply same day ( worst case scenario 24 hours but unlikely).

What you will get from me is faster responses to emails, lower prices, and faster shipping (unless I don't have it in stock, then it's just their shipping time plus two days)

I will be supplying handmade high end chinese pots. The reason for this decision is, Japanese pots are really expensive and few people will shell out $400 for a pot. The pots I sourced are very high quality and I find them to be an incredible value.

But please don't forget about our USA potters. Many, both known and unknown, produce exceptional pots.

I want one of this Kikuwa jack. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131341274787?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$_57.JPG

I'd be interested in a quote for one of those jacks as well...so long as it's the same or sturdier than the one in Poink's photo.

I'd be interested in a quote for one of those jacks as well...so long as it's the same or sturdier than the one in Poink's photo.

Brian, it is exactly the same...same maker (just cheaper). :) I told him you are looking for one BTW.

Brian, it is exactly the same...same maker (just cheaper). :) I told him you are looking for one BTW.

I am going to stock 15" 20" and 23" jacks. They are Kikuwa, no knock off cheap brands. The price is going to be about $90, $100, and $120 respectively. I am in process of ordering them so prices might be a bit lower. Shoot me a message if you want one so I know to order more :)

But please don't forget about our USA potters. Many, both known and unknown, produce exceptional pots.

I am in the works of talking to US potters. They seem to be at capacity so it's a bit of a hurdle.

I am going to stock 15" 20" and 23" jacks. They are Kikuwa, no knock off cheap brands. The price is going to be about $90, $100, and $120 respectively. I am in process of ordering them so prices might be a bit lower. Shoot me a message if you want one so I know to order more :)

What is the estimated shipping (to low 48 States)? 20" for me BTW.

What is the estimated shipping (to low 48 States)? 20" for me BTW.

Shouldn't be more than $15 for you since you're close. I am talking with fedex trying to get better rates so shipping will be as low as possible for everybody

I received the shipments from both Kaneshin and Kikuwa! Let me know if you need anything!

Me too, I need two though.

I have 3 of the 15.5" ($100 plus shipping), 4 of the 20" ($110 plus shipping) and 3 of the 23.5" ($120 plus shipping) branch jacks and ready to ship.

Poink88 should get his 20" tomorrow.

I can combine shipping as well

Last edited:
I just ordered my first Kaneshin 4.2L copper watering can from their official site. There was one size that I really wanted, but it was out of stock so I settled for something a bit smaller. I've yet to see an American website that offers a "huge" selection of Japanese made watering cans. So that is something that I would like to see. It's mentioned on their website that copper has sterilizing properties so water is always fresh for plants. Can anyone testify to that?

That's why we use copper for water lines.
Except most of us have lead service feeds.
Go figure! We're half crazy!

Again.
Egyptians used copper. Geniuses
Romans used lead. Barbarians.

Ever see those copper wrist bands?
Same idea.

Healing properties.

Sorce

Just got a pair of #49 Kaneshin pliers from Q-Bonsai. Better price than direct from Kaneshin, fast delivery, perfect condition.

Thanks

I need to get a good set of wire cutters. Can you tell me what it cost for the cutter set 511? I'm looking for a cutter I can use for most needs to start out with and this set seems to be the set I need. The shipping is to va. I found the set on the Kaneshin site.

Dhd

I need to get a good set of wire cutters. Can you tell me what it cost for the cutter set 511? I'm looking for a cutter I can use for most needs to start out with and this set seems to be the set I need. The shipping is to va. I found the set on the Kaneshin site.

Dhd

511 wire cutter is $45 plus shipping. Just so you know, it's not a set, it's just one cutter. Shipping should be about $8-10.

Last edited:
I may be new but I'm not interested in a set. What I'm after is getting what I need as I need them. Right now I'll have to wait to purchase items for my hobby as I need to do the holiday shopping for the fam.

Dave

I may be new but I'm not interested in a set. What I'm after is getting what I need as I need them. Right now I'll have to wait to purchase items for my hobby as I need to do the holiday shopping for the fam.

Dave

Oh my apologies, I must have been confused by your last post.

Dhd

Anyways, I'd love to help out whenever you are ready. I have most of their black carbon tools in stock and sell them cheaper than buying direct.

Back
Top Bottom