Why does all my Chinese Quince fruit ls look deformed.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I noticed all of my Chinese Quince fruits look deformed, what can I do next year to keep it looking nice ? Thanks.

IMG_7414.jpeg

I believe you’re infected with cedar Apple rust. You want to keep that thing away from your junipers or apples and crab apples. Maybe even just destroy it all together might be the best course of action depending on your collection.

I’ve been hit with the apple rust thingy the last couple years and been spraying copper to treat, but I have never sprayed copper on my Quince yet because I thought it’s only affect junipers and apple. Thank you

The whole time it was sitting next to a pear bonsai tree too.

Hope you can get rid of it. It can also infect Hawthorn... yike. This thing looks creepy.

I’ve been hit with the apple rust thingy the last couple years and been spraying copper to treat, but I have never sprayed copper on my Quince yet because I thought it’s only affect junipers and apple. Thank you
Quince is related to apples and pears and is susceptible to the same diseases, like rust.

This disease is so gross and can spread to so many type of trees. What is your plan to tackle it? I think it is too late to isolate this quince from the rest of your trees. Am devastated for you just thinking about it.

This disease is so gross and can spread to so many type of trees. What is your plan to tackle it? I think it is too late to isolate this quince from the rest of your trees. Am devastated for you just thinking about it.
Actually… it happens every year to my crabapples and junipers. It doesn’t help the fact that my next door neighbor have a big ass crabapple tree. I just treat my bonsai with copper and it seems to control the issues so far. At least with the quince it’s only effect the fruit and not the leaves like the crabapple.

Actually… it happens every year to my crabapples and junipers. It doesn’t help the fact that my next door neighbor have a big ass crabapple tree. I just treat my bonsai with copper and it seems to control the issues so far. At least with the quince it’s only effect the fruit and not the leaves like the crabapple.
Looks like you have learn to live with it

I successfully treated my junipers with Bio-Advanced 3-in-1 systemic (the liquid concentrate). Three junipers with rust have not shown any rust after treatment. I also treated my crapabbles and have not seen any leaf spots. Might be worth a shot. Its a little late in the year though now. I would apply early next spring.

I do actually have some 3 in 1 stuff. Will try next spring.

Bet it tastes like a fruity mushroom.

Back
Top Bottom