WTB - semi trained bonsai

Reaction score
Looking for the following in semi trained / pre bonsai state in shohin or chuhin size :-

1. Potentilla
2. Vine maple
3. Eastern white cedar - Thuja Occidentalis
4. American larch

Pm me if you have anything for sale and we can talk shop …

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Looking for the following in semi trained / pre bonsai state in shohin or chuhin size :-

1. Potentilla
2. Vine maple
3. Eastern white cedar - Thuja Occidentalis
4. American larch

Pm me if you have anything for sale and we can talk shop …

I have potentilla in training for pre-bonsai stock...

I wasn't planning on trying to let them go until next spring...

But I do have some specimens still in individual, smaller containers that'll have a great deal of interest come THIS fall. So I will keep you posted.

Reaction score
I have potentilla in training for pre-bonsai stock...

I wasn't planning on trying to let them go until next spring...

But I do have some specimens still in individual, smaller containers that'll have a great deal of interest come THIS fall. So I will keep you posted.
Thank you ! I would love to see the specimen ones and if I can afford - I shall get them .

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Thank you ! I would love to see the specimen ones and if I can afford - I shall get them .

Ooh! I feel I may have misspoke... They are of the same development.. they just DIDN'T get up-potted .. more like a handful (6-8) that I "selected" and am leaving in smaller pots one more year...

They're all going to be the same "age".

But I did start about 10 cuttings from the selects... So my fully rotating young/pre bonsai potentilla stock is about 3/4 seasons out (If I decide to push in this direction for this plant)

I LOVE potentilla and would be happy to keep you informed of WHEN I have WHAT (even those personal select ones). 🤓 I surprisingly got very little interest... I was even debating whether or not to attempt to build that particular stock.

(Either way) We will have at least 3 smaller "rounds" of potentilla in the pipeline.. so I will keep you in the loop.

Also I saw some decent nursery stock vine maple on Ebay, added somewhat recently.

🤪

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ooh! I feel I may have misspoke... They are of the same development.. they just DIDN'T get up-potted .. more like a handful (6-8) that I "selected" and am leaving in smaller pots one more year...

They're all going to be the same "age".

But I did start about 10 cuttings from the selects... So my fully rotating young/pre bonsai potentilla stock is about 3/4 seasons out (If I decide to push in this direction for this plant)

I LOVE potentilla and would be happy to keep you informed of WHEN I have WHAT (even those personal select ones). 🤓 I surprisingly got very little interest... I was even debating whether or not to attempt to build that particular stock.

(Either way) We will have at least 3 smaller "rounds" of potentilla in the pipeline.. so I will keep you in the loop.

Also I saw some decent nursery stock vine maple on Ebay, added somewhat recently.

🤪
I might be interested in some potentilla if it's a different variety than the "Pink Beauty" that I have!

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hello,

I have an Arborvitae Thuja Occidentalis 'Congabe' bonsai that is pretty nice and I was thinking about selling it. It goes brown during the winter but it's starting to green up again. I was going to wait until it turns green to sell it so that it actually looks alive.

I also have two eastern red cedar pre-bonsai that have been in pots for 4-5 years.

Let me know if interested and I can send pics.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I might be interested in some potentilla if it's a different variety than the "Pink Beauty" that I have!

They are in their second year now... I've only seen flowers on 3 so far... 2 yellow, one white... The "standard" for the species I have (Fruticosa) is yellow.

I once saw a pretty small potentilla shrub at a Bonsai show, it was labeled in HUGE letters, "seed-grown"... In a 2 gallon equivalent pot no direction yet... "Pre-bonsai material".. Looked to be about 4/5 years old.. leaves we're PISSED by Sunday..

I walked by again.. and it was marked SOLD.. for 300 dollars...

I didn't understand...

Then I grew potentilla from seed... (Although I might not sell similar for QUITE 300 *looks around, not sure who's listening* ...but I DO understand an amplified price as it seems an entirely different "animal")

Just a weeeeird.... Fussy when young, bulletproof when mature, really hard to "keep ahead of".... Growing experience thus far.

I shall keep everyone here, posted.

🤓

Top Bottom