10 year wait - Yamadori Ume

Actually for this time of year they look pretty good. Your buds are looking promising!

Actually for this time of year they look pretty good. Your buds are looking promising!

I know! For new branches it looks like i'll get flowers this year. We'll wait and see

Soon!
0124181733.jpg0124181733a.jpg

But because it was just allowed to do it's own thing and grow like mad most the flowers are on the top half of the crazy long branches. Give me a few years to bring things in tight, then it should be a sight
0124181731b.jpg

Cool. Red blossoms perhaps? I remember your shoots coming out reddish. I have Matsubara red ume, and it may have had the similar red shoots as yours.

Soon!
View attachment 175229View attachment 175230

But because it was just allowed to do it's own thing and grow like mad most the flowers are on the top half of the crazy long branches. Give me a few years to bring
things in tight, then it should be a sight
View attachment 175231

Alright so what’s the plan? Have a sketch? I’m just curious , so no need to defend , I understand you letting it ride and acclimate , I Love ume

Glad it is gaining strength, it will become a bloomin beauty!
Thanks!

Cool. Red blossoms perhaps? I remember your shoots coming out reddish. I have Matsubara red ume, and it may have had the similar red shoots as yours.

There pink, almost 100% sure, but blooming right of the bag has me all jittery.

Alright so what’s the plan? Have a sketch? I’m just curious , so no need to defend , I understand you letting it ride and acclimate , I Love ume

Lots or carving, and when it's done booming it'll be cut back hard and branch structure will be started this year. Plus I'm just studying the tree, letting it tell me where to go

Thanks!

Lots or carving, and when it's done booming it'll be cut back hard and branch structure will be started this year. Plus I'm just studying the tree, letting it tell me where to go

Well what’s is telling you ?

Wow! what progress in such a short time. Looks fantastic and I know you will update with pics in flower. Can't wait to see them.

Lol , I’m just giving you a hard time , I’m trying to find some good ume trunks for myself I look forward to seeing what you do with it !
Nail biter

Jesse

Am interested in seeing what you going to do with it once the flowers are spent. I have one on the way from CA that will need to be tamed. Looking forward to see updates.

Thanks!

happy you're happy! I just got a tiny ume of my own and I'm feeling the same way!

Lol , I’m just giving you a hard time , I’m trying to find some good ume trunks for myself I look forward to seeing what you do with it !
Nail biter

Jesse

It's a pretty rare species in the states, even more so as bonsai. This is by far my greatest find and my favorite tree.

Am interested in seeing what you going to do with it once the flowers are spent. I have one on the way from CA that will need to be tamed. Looking forward to see updates.

I actually have a couple things in stored as well :)

happy you're happy! I just got a tiny ume of my own and I'm feeling the same way!

I love ume a lot, so much so I have an ume tatto sleeve

Amazing how this thing grew ?
Im sure you will make this a great tree
Looking forward to this progression!

Back
Top Bottom