10 year wait - Yamadori Ume

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Nice tree with great potential. The base has a nice flare. What are your plans for the top? It looks a bit like a slingshot at this point. Perhaps you may choose one of the forks and improve taper?

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Nice tree with great potential. The base has a nice flare. What are your plans for the top? It looks a bit like a slingshot at this point. Perhaps you may choose one of the forks and improve taper?

Yeah while that looks unsightly now, a single apex will be chosen and lots of carving will be done. For now it just growing girth and strength and many branches ,so I can choose what and where i want them.

D

Deleted member 21616

just read through this thread for the first time -- i like the trunk line you chose @Giga what an exciting project!!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
@Giga nice to see you posting again, I certainly read and studied many of your posts when I first joined.

Thanks, it's been a rough year for me, and some of my trees suffered for it. But I'm finally in a great place and the last week ive spent hours in the garden working on trees that need a lot of work.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If you have too many cuttings, I would certainly take a couple off of your hands. Enjoying the progress on this honking one.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
the 10 cuttings I took that 8/10 did great and thrived

That's great! Can you let us know how you went about taking your cuttings, aftercare, etc.? I'd love to be able to recreate your success :)

Top Bottom