55 yr old Bougainvillea off eBay.

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Am I wrong to doubt this eBay item description?
Or would y'all think it's legit?
Not looking to buy it but ran across it..
1000009459.png1000009461.png

Imo it's possible. Though different species, I've seen people post on here j maples that looks like young trees but where actually older.

This is the rare NONSAI Though 😆 🤣 😂

E bay is such a scam anymore, I just lost $150 on a scam, I'm sure ebay will reimburse me but it's a loss of time and just frustrating, once I identified a scam was taking place there was nothing I could do but wait it out, ebay just lets ppl get away with stuff. I gave bad feedback but it was removed, I started to see other buyers fall into the same trap and all left bad feedback and all the bad feedback was removed within a few days. Scammers rights I guess. I'm starting to think amazon is more secure. Ebay has nothing in place to deal with individual occurrences, everything has to follow the same simple prototype that sometimes doesn't fit all situations.

I can also claim my dog leaves tootsie rolls in my yard. No amount of my stance will afford one to pick it up and eat it

🤣🤣🤣 same applies to this malarkey on age. Sellers gimmick to fool unexpecting buyers with fluffing.
That dude on Caddyshack may try one.

E bay is such a scam anymore, I just lost $150 on a scam, I'm sure ebay will reimburse me but it's a loss of time and just frustrating, once I identified a scam was taking place there was nothing I could do but wait it out,
As long as you paid Goods and Services, you are safe. If you paid Friends and Family, then ya. Money is lost.
If they only accept FnF.. it's totally a scam

Any time someone lists the age of a bonsai first, it's likely a scam or someone who doesn't know what they're doing (they also stick rocks in the pot as well to make things look more "zen."). Age is irrelevant for the most part. People who don't understand bonsai think age is reeeeeally important though. It's what age the tree LOOKS. This one looks about 5 years old.

Any time someone lists the age of a bonsai first, it's likely a scam or someone who doesn't know what they're doing (they also stick rocks in the pot as well to make things look more "zen."). Age is irrelevant for the most part. People who don't understand bonsai think age is reeeeeally important though. It's what age the tree LOOKS. This one looks about 5 years old.
I would add that most people have no idea as to what makes a plant, a bonsai.

I regularly come across people who think that the plants used for bonsai are specific to bonsai exclusively. Like they are ALL grown in a special Japanese bonsai garden and then exported.
That said, I feel these scammers know exactly what they are doing.
Age is hard to pinpoint exactly, and unless you are serious into the hobby, it’s hard to say.
Get something from a local store instead. 😊

No different than any other scam. If it's too good to be true, it most likely isn't:eek:...

Back
Top Bottom