A couple of nice juni's

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Picked up these yesterday.. These will most likely be the fronts. The Bunjin could actually have 2-3 fronts. However, there is a drastic sideways horse shoe curve going on in the lower part of the trunk, so I chose the front in the pic to minimize the curve for a better flowing tree.

The Bunjin in about 16 inches high with a 3 1/2 inch base
The rough material is about 14 inches high with a 2 1/2 inch base

Rob

Attachments

• Copy of pictures2 035.jpg
    Copy of pictures2 035.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 146
  • pictures2 038.jpg
    pictures2 038.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 166

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice. Are these San Jose? If so, are you thinking about grafting shimpaku on them?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello mcpesq817.. The Bunjin is a procumbens. The other one was just maked juniper, it is either a san jose or procumbens. I think it might be a san jose. However, it has nice, short compact foliage for a san jose.. I know where you are coming from with the san jose. It is one of the least attractive foliage types as far as junipers are concerned. However, if I can keep the foliage similar to what it is now, the tree would be fine with this foliage...:)

painter

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
great material ,
where could someone score something so nice might i ask?
thanks.
p

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello mcpesq817.. The Bunjin is a procumbens. The other one was just maked juniper, it is either a san jose or procumbens. I think it might be a san jose. However, it has nice, short compact foliage for a san jose.. I know where you are coming from with the san jose. It is one of the least attractive foliage types as far as junipers are concerned. However, if I can keep the foliage similar to what it is now, the tree would be fine with this foliage...:)

Yes, I was just curious. I think even with the current foliage these are very nice trees. Nice finds! :D

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hello painter.. These came from New England Bonsai Gardens. The owner recently came back from a trip from the West cosat and these were 2 he brought back.

Top Bottom