A little trim for this shohin shimp

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Got to trim this little guy up today. About 7 inches tall with about a 3 inch base.

One thing is for sure.. I need a better camera. It seems like it is getting tougher and tougher to get a good picture.

Rob

CopyofIMG_3330-1.jpg

CopyofIMG_3262-1.jpg

An older pic, but a better one.

CopyofIMG_0743.jpg

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Where did you say you live, I'll be right over......:p

Got some good stuff with this one too Rob, gona have to head for Bellingham soon.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks Bill..

Thanks Dave..Unfortunately no. We are at the bare minimum. However, it is also the angle of the pic. I posted a different pic and it looks quite a bit more proportionate.. What do you think?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Don't get me wrong, that tree looks good in the current pot. Get it into a slightly smaller pot and the tree would be even more powerful then it already is. If you can't, ce la vie...and I'm sure Bill would take it off your hands if you didn't want it any more:p.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yes...He did the styling almost 2 years ago. I assisted with wiring and bark removal. Since then, I have potted it up, rewired a bit, and been pruning it when needed.

Rob

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Question, october: The vibrancy of the folage color is really great. Are you using anything special? Would you please share your care of this beautiful tree?

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
From the shadow, I'd say feeding it florescent lamp light or photo flash, nice healthy looking tree though, I agree.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you Ron...There are a few of reasons for the great color. First and most relevent was the health of the tree upon purchase. The tree was in magnificent health. Second, the tree was just watered in the first pic making it look very green. Third, I sometimes need to clear up and contrast my pictures. Sometimes the pics come out awful and I need to clean them up. Here is the original pic untouched, with the exception of reducing the size. Keep in mind the tree was just watered.

As fas as tree care.. My trees usually get about 6-7 hours of morning and early afternoon sun. They are fertilzed with pellets once a month and sometimes with a liquid fish fertilizer. Sometimes I make a tea out of the pellet mix and water with that. It eliminates the smell. However, It is probably not as good or strong as leaving the pellets on. The season is just starting around here so my trees will be greening up even further. However, with scale infestations returning and the new fungus invasion on my trees. Some are not looking that good. I am keeping my fingers crossed and spraying accordingly.

Rob

s1-1.jpg

Top Bottom