An Azalea Tale

BigBill

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Ok long story short. This spring my folks figured out the condenser unit had stopped working so they had it replaced. In the process one of the guys stepped on one of mom's azaleas. Breaking it in two. My dad being the calm and rational person he is at times chain sawed the thing then literally ripped it out of the ground and threw it next to the yard waste can.

I decided to try and save it. with hugh amounts of folage and next to no roots. I cut it back to the main branches and totally removed the leaves. (probably a bad move but didnt know at the time).
I then potted it in perlite with a layer of crushed marble on top as the squirrels like to dig in everything.

So anyway I was beginning to think it was all in waste but it finally budded. So I figured I would post some picks to see what you think this could possible become if anything. It is roughly 20 years old. and about 1 1/2 feet tall

Pic #1 Where it was. same size as one on right, originally
pic #2 The poor azalea
pic #3 The chainsaw cut

100_0429.jpg

100_0425.jpg

100_0428.jpg

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Not sure what the forum policy is, but you should upload photos here, I for one can't, and some will not go to photo bucket to see a photo.

Sometime those absolutely terribly treated and garunteed to die plants amaze you.

BigBill

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
well i tried to make them small enough to upload. but 97KB isnt a very good pic and my camera doesnt take low quality pics. heck my cell phone takes 2meg pics minimum.

I have photoshop cs but to make the pics around 97KB they are either tiny or crappy looking. So if anyone could let me know how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

There should be no reason to go to photobucket as the pics are in the post. I dont use a free account so I have no band-width limitations. As my account is used to post the pics that appear on several websites that I run.

Bill

Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you want a good photo editing tool that's easy to use, download the free trial of Xat. Go to www.xat.com. You can really do a lot with it by sizing the pic to a max of about 800 pixels width and then compressing to the file size you want.

Top Bottom