• Unknown3.jpg
    Unknown3.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 34

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Their habit looks like pear, but not ruling out cherry.

Rick99

Sapling
Reaction score
Their habit looks like pear, but not ruling out cherry.
Thanks I thought they were pear trees too but needed someone else to validate for me! Anyone ever try these as a bonsai?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bradford pear. Extremely invasive pest around here. They are bad landscape trees, since they split in the winter snow/ice or summer thunderstorms. You can make bonsai out of them. This one is at the National Bonsai and Penjing Museum in D.C.bradfordpear.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
They are bad landscape trees, since they split in the winter snow/ice or summer thunderstorms.
We had a big one in the yard and our driveway was lined with them. Thanks to a variety of wind/ice storms, we now have 0. The last two we had behind the house, we cut down before they could fall on the house. No more for us.

Rick99

Sapling
Reaction score
We had a big one in the yard and our driveway was lined with them. Thanks to a variety of wind/ice storms, we now have 0. The last two we had behind the house, we cut down before they could fall on the house. No more for us.
Thank you! They look pretty but I knew if they were pear trees they break easily as adults which was why I was wondering about maybe growing them as bonsai. They are all over the place here in PA.

Top Bottom